Thread: apexi power FC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1 JDM B16A

apexi power FC

can a apexi power FC (for b16b) be used as an ecu for my b16a turbo? are there any addition things i would need to purchase?

thanks
    MANGK 1

Nothing aslong as your B16a is the same OBD type as the PowerFC (i'm pretty sure PowerFC ONLY come in OBD2a). If not, you need a conversion harness.

Power FC is a fully standalone programmable ECU. That being said, it lets you control ignition, multiple point fuel, boost settings and also lets you see temps, knocking levels, air flow etc.... You would obviously need to tune it for your B16a turbo as it would have the previous tune settings for whatever motor it came off (i assume b16b)
    Last edited by infurNOS; 18-06-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    EG

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1 JDM B16A
    cheers... cos friend selling one and wanted to know if it would work.

i was thinking of hondata s300 but friend selling the power fc for mad cheap price..

would u still go power fc or hondata instead?
    MANGK 1

Hondata FTW, so much better than PFC...

More user friendly, better cold starts, more reliable tune, better results, so many more featurs especially for boost.

The good thing about PowerFC though is that tuners have been more exposed to it. Ask the tuner you plan on using and see what they think.
    Last edited by infurNOS; 18-06-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    EG

^

Best point, if your tuner doesn't like or has no knowledge of the ECU you install... Not going to get desirable outcome... Possibly an expensive one too...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    power Fc is still a good option and works fine so dont rule it out..... if you want a top ecu get my autronic ecu even has an autotune function !
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    If your friends still wants to sell his power FC let me know

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    ^

Best point, if your tuner doesn't like or has no knowledge of the ECU you install... Not going to get desirable outcome... Possibly an expensive one too...
    That's not entirely true..
    It's all the same principals with a slightly different interface.

My Tuner had never used an AEM V2 (Had used the earlier models many years back)
    He said it was incredibly easy to use and tune and would recommend it to his customers.
    As for the tune, it was spot on first try.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    Not always the case not all ecu s are user friendly and not all tuners are as good as they think
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    That's not entirely true..
    It's all the same principals with a slightly different interface.

My Tuner had never used an AEM V2 (Had used the earlier models many years back)
    He said it was incredibly easy to use and tune and would recommend it to his customers.
    As for the tune, it was spot on first try.
    That's one out of how many though?

Try a similar feat with something more a pain in the ass say like the E-Manage/E-Manage Ultimate and 9/10 the result will be not good if not the product may seem faulty, however take it to someone that does them day in and day out, it works brilliantly.

The point I'm making is that its best to get a good tuner that knows your car's setup, knows how to tune your ECU and knows what you want out of it. It'll be less painful and much less expensive.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I was the first in Au to link an emanage ultimate to an fd2 and it worked incredibly smoothly. Tuning was much easier than said power fc in my previous forester

As above, if I left it with some guy with lesser knowledge of the emanage, I would have had massive headaches.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.