Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit

the Jazz is a fuel guzzler . . .

. . . well, not really

I filled up the car yesterday and it took 42.06L!!

seeing as the tank only takes 42L i assume the rest is in the pipe but . . .

In the trip computer i did 638.3km at 6.1L/100km so theoretically it shouldn't of taken that much ???

plus it cost me an arm (for the jazz anyway). I filled up with BP Ultimate at 116.9 c/L. Times that by 42.06 and it cost me $49.17 to fill up the jazz!!

Has anyone had something similar happen?
    Whats the furthest any of you guys have got on tank?

also a couple of weeks ago i was driving REALLY sedately and i managed to get 620km on the tank with the trip computer on 5.7L/100km and when i filled up it only took 35L!!!!

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    CVT VTI
    I have had only a couple of large inconsistencies like yours. The computer showed 6.0 lt/100km and it actually was about 6.9Lt/100Km and I have also had it happening the other way! Most of the time the computer is only out about +/- .1 - .4 lt/100km. (for me anyway). For example last week the computer was showing 6.5lt/100km and after fillup it actually worked out to be 6.1lt/100km. I use the trip computer as a general guide only.

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Question is when do you fill up when the light comes on ? of do you still drive around for a while ?

That good figures get 500km a tank on preimum now yet to try ultimate
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    for mine, the light comes up between 500~550 km. good for another 100 km.

Member Array
    Car:
    CVT VTI
    Same as above for me. Btw 500 - 550KM light starts to come on.

same as mine. as long as u know u can travel roughly that distance, dont bother with the trip computer. It's not accurate and sometimes drive me crazy...

I average 550kms before light comes on... I've reached 600kms before filling up once... I use BP Ultimate

u won't revved up to 3000rpm or 2500rpm, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon fit
    u won't revved up to 3000rpm or 2500rpm, right?
    y not spoonfit? thats the whole point of having a honda... heheheh

I actually race alot with my friends lol... Weekends only...

Mon - Fri i change gears just before vtec kicks in which is 2500 as vtec kicks in at 2700 so yeah... with the peak hr traffic it's hard to vtec anyways hahaha

but how can he reached 600km?

I plan to hit the 700 mark soon... I go by the rule after the light comes on you can still go another 100kms... Just notice when ur light comes on fill up ur tank and see how much litres u need to make it full... Jazz tank can hold 62 i think? so yeah usually when the light comes on and u fill up u fill abt 48litres?? so there's a good 14litres back up tank left to run...

You got to trust in your petrol