Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R

Fatal accident at Mallala on June 2nd

I don't know whether or not this has been reported on Ozhonda before .
    I believe there was an unfortunate incident at a SA state race meeting at Mallala on June the 2nd where a driver of an improved production Honda Civic was found deceased after the vehicle hit a tyre wall.I don't know any more details myself but offer my sincere condolenses to the drivers family and friends.

Absolutely terrible news. We all take the risk at the track....and just hope something like this never happens.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    It was very distressing to hear about it =[

Here is the news report.

RIP

rip
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    RIP

sad news indeed
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    It is believed the driver, an older guy, could have had a cardiac arrest, and that resulted in the accident.

And, yes, he was driving a Civic. A very nice guy by all accounts.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Just came across this thread - I was fortunate to meet Rookie last year. You could not wish to meet a nicer, more genuine bloke, who would go out of his way to help fellow competitors off the track, but drove like the devil himself on the track! What he made that Civic do on the track needed to be seen to be appreciated. It is so sad that he was taken away so tragically, and I believe that his fellow competitors involved in the incident are quite distraught.

But having said that, he knew the risks involved, and by his driving style he accepted them as well - so no one should feel aggrieved at what happened. We should all remember, appreciate and consider the risks we take in racing! To think I jibed him about not retiring this year!

My memories of a rather wonderful character will live on forever, even though the photos may fade................