Help - Remove the front no. plate holder 5th Gen

Hey guys i want to remove my front number plate holder.. i did a search and found nothing.. has anyone done this?? do i need to take off the front bumper?? and re-drill new holes for the number plate?? i just wanna ask these questions before i go and do it.. its for a 96 Honda Accord..

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I have done it. Wasn't too hard. Can't remember if I used original holes to mount the plate or not. Ill have a look a bit later. Dont need to take off the front bumper.

ahh ok any info or pics would help heaps.. im also contemplating on dropping in a K&N panel filter and i want to remove the resonator while im at it.. but the airbox is covering the resonator.. ive done a search aswell but none really show's or tells you how to go about in doing this to a 5th Gen.. any info for both would be much apreciated

oh im a newbie to the car scene only been driving for around 7 months and now im trying and willing to do new things to the car.. but just dont know how to go abouts in doing it.. and dont wanna damage my car while experimenting

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I checked my car, and yeah, I just used the original holes to remount my number plate. Pretty sure taken the holder off was just a matter of a couple of screws too.

I just dropped in a K&N filter a few months ago. Made a big difference, especially in the top end. I replaced my spark plugs and leads at the same time with NGK Iridium's. Made a big difference in responce, felt a lot better.

I don't think its worth removing the resonator. I did on mine, but I wouldn't bother doing it again. To get to it out (If I can remember correctly, I did it years ago), just remove the airbox out of the way, should be just a couple of bolts, then there will be some more bolts holding the resonator in, just remove them and it should come out.

ahh ok thanks dude... PM' sent

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    theres two bolts behind the rego plate and two bolts inside the bar, you can get to them by reaching in the bar from the front