Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Front Strut Bar [CL9)

Hey guys,
    Just been doing some research on front Strut bars for the CL9,
    had a look through the forum as well.
    Most seems to have the Cusco front strut bar, however i got recommended the Aultec Front Strut a head of the Cusco, J's Racing and Spoon (Spoon - fitment issues).

Has anyone heard anything about them?
    Any feedback on the ones you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Depends on what you're after. Most people get Front Strut Bar for the look (I'm considering one). Doesn't really do anything for the car's handling though. I would say grab the best looking one or the cheapest one. J's Racing is made from Carbon Fibre and looks awesome but has a price tag to match.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    LOL Who gets them for the look???? Front strut bars improve chassis rigidity in the front. You should notice a big difference if you have a stiff suspension setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    LOL Who gets them for the look???? Front strut bars improve chassis rigidity in the front. You should notice a big difference if you have a stiff suspension setup.
    ..... Can't tell if there is sarcasm in this or not. The CL9's have fairly rigid chassis already, then there's the fact that you'll get more upgrading your rear sway bar than you do front strut bars, especially since the car is FWD. In fact, the front strut bar alone will provide little to no benefit at all to a car that's had no mods done to it, at least the average driver won't notice it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    most people get cusco but it rubs due to being made for the k20.

Alutec fits good but looks wiered.

I would get ebay strut brace though

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    get ebay one. it's the same.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I would rather save the money and do the other mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    ..... Can't tell if there is sarcasm in this or not. The CL9's have fairly rigid chassis already, then there's the fact that you'll get more upgrading your rear sway bar than you do front strut bars, especially since the car is FWD. In fact, the front strut bar alone will provide little to no benefit at all to a car that's had no mods done to it, at least the average driver won't notice it.
    Id disagree, however I have both top and bottom bars.

Having just the RSB make the rear end of the car react better, however having the front all locked up makes the euro more reactive during initial turn in.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    My bad then. I don't know CL9's. Just know that whenever I've installed them on cars, I've noticed a huge difference. Very pronounced.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    The front strut brace makes a difference for sure. It stiffens up the front end and the steering becomes more direct as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Euro View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just been doing some research on front Strut bars for the CL9,
    had a look through the forum as well.
    Most seems to have the Cusco front strut bar, however i got recommended the Aultec Front Strut a head of the Cusco, J's Racing and Spoon (Spoon - fitment issues).

Has anyone heard anything about them?
    Any feedback on the ones you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    I have the alutec front and the progress 22m rear sway. (from Heeltoe)

Been sitting in the garage for almost 6 months....lol

too much to do, so little time (that and Im lazy)

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Luxury
    The steering wheel gets lighter aswell, after I installed the strut bar, or it could just be something weird about my cl9.