Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by adamc11 View Post
    Thanks. What i ended up doing was drying it out with a hair dryer. I took it for a drive and it was still doing it so i pulled over, removed the leads and noticed that they had condensation so i wiped them dry. I had to do this a few times but it fixed it. I think that was the easiest way to fix it - get the engine hot and the moisture will condense on the leads and just wipe them down.
    I'll make it even easier for you lol go to supercheap or autobarn get carby cleaner and spray the lead heads and inside the plug holes and it will just evaporate
    and be very dry

Ok guys need some urgent help.

My dads car has been fine for the last few weeks and now it won't start and he is stuck in Frankston. The car is turning over but engine is not starting.

Any ideas? He filled up with fuel last night so i don't think that's the issue.

I told him to remove all the spark leads and make sure they are not wet and clicked in properly. If a single plug or lead is shot will it still start up, or could this be a distributor issue?

I really hope I don't have to drive all the way to Frankston to check try and fix it and to pick him up

Thanks,

Adam
    Last edited by adamc11; 29-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.

He signed up to RACV for 2 years = $230 and got the guy to come and and it's the distributor. RACV guy said it's a common honda problem.

Any possibility i stuffed it up when i took the cap off a few weeks ago? All i did was remove the cap to make sure there was no water and then fit it back the exact same way.

Hopefully just a coincidence.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    don't worry normal stuff