Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    trickd Ek Hatch

mini me conversion

i just been told about the mini me conversion... i heard it alot but someone told me its as simple as changing the head, manifold and ecu.... is this true??? is this all that i need to change?? i have a d16y4 and the mini me will make it a d16y8 vtec... will i have any problems with the bottom end of my motor..? i plain to put a vtec controller on and lower the vtec rev range... so i dont have to rev it as hard... and also plain on port and polish the head and make it abit stronger b4 i do teh conversion...also if i convert it will teh compression be an issue??? if anyone can give me solid info about this conversion it would be great..i heard its big in america.... so any links or info would be nice.. also ur comments and what u think needs to be changed for teh conversion

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    In regards to ur vtec controller, aking ur vtec rev in at lower range does not mean ur car will have better performance, if anything higher will have betetr gains. If set lower you also lose torque.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    trickd Ek Hatch
    ok.. well can anyone please give me more info on this????

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    how much are willin 2 spend on that single cam v-tec engine?..if i was you save up an go for a b16a2 conversion
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    trickd Ek Hatch
    look all i wanted was advice on the conversion and all everyone wantsto say is do a b16 conversion... my mate just did the conversion and he sad the motor is way over rated...i wanna do the mini me... i dont car about money... i wanna be different... probly change it to a y8 vtec and vtec controller and i would leave it...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    "your mate" must have bought a dud B16 HAHAHA

I have a mate doin D16Y1 headswap onto his EG GLi this week.

He had the head re-built, and is swapping Intake Manifold, Exhaust manifold, ECU etc, so it should be putting out around 135HP at the fly.

the head was machined so compression will go up a few points, but just swapping the head will bump compression. The Non-VTEC pistons are relatively flat-tops where the SOHC VTEC pistons are notched for valve clearance so this may slightly bump compression also.

The P28 ECU will handle most duties but i've recommended a VAFC to fine-tne and take advantage of the higher compression etc.

if you have any questions, just ask and i'll be happy to pass them on to the guy doin his SOHC VTEC headswap. Will keep you posted as to it's progress.

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    there's a bit of work involved but very doable man here is a tut on it. I'm not sure you need to do everything they have done there so you might want to look into that.

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32971

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    you should buy the zc-g engine DOHC an just turbo it the single cam v-tec..wont last long..you probly gonna get bored cause its no much fun
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    you say you wanna be diff?
    having a d16 dingle cam vtec isnt really very diff.
    to be honest with you, the difference between a single cam with vtec, and a single cam without vtec, isnt that much diff.

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    civic ek- a mini me upgrade is putting a vtec head on a non vtec bottom end (d-series).
    KK24AA

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    trickd Ek Hatch
    yeah... i wanna be diff in the fact that most ppl just do b16a conversions... i dont wanna go turbo... i just want a lil bit extra power.. thats it.... i know its just swapping the head to vtec... but i was after more info on compression issues... does the vtec use domed pistons..?? because just putting a thicker head gasket on is the cheap and not effective way... i wanna do it right...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    My Mate just did A mini-me on hes GLi EG. With a D15B Bottom End and A D16Y1 VTEC head off a VTi. It Runs 11.1:1 Compression, and has more power than my stock D16y8.

SOHC VTEC POWA YO!

Do It Man! Then do a nice intake, header and exhaust. And you wont regret it.