Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Pump

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak

Water Pump

When getting my timing issues addressed, it was shown that the water pump showed signs of weeping. Was advised to get it replaced and an OEM honda water pump would cost $220.

So ive bought a GMB water pump, which cost $53 shipped.

Is this job easy enough to DIY to replace? how many hours of work are we talking here for someone whos somewhat capable with the wrench.

And how much would it cost for a mechanic to get this part fitted in a k-series? i've seen the workshop manual and it does look a little complicated as the pulleys need to come off.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    It should be 1-2 hours work for a mechanic.

So double/triple a mechanics time?

Having said that, i personally dont touch anything to do with pulley/belt/timmin chain.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I had my water pump replaced and it's a big job from what I saw. The whole side of that engine was out. Also I would have bought OEM. I purchased 3 after market ones none lined up properly so I had to return the 3 after market ones and pay for the OEM pump. Honda knows how to make the most out of us.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    by any chance, any of them gmb branded? :S

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    IMO
    anyhing to do with the engine, inc. Tranny should only be OEM esp. On Hondas
    Dont risk it esp. Something like a water pump which could lead to further complicated issues down the track
    Do it once, do it right
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Can't remember was a while ago that I owned my euro.

I wouldnt attempt it myself.... btw, when you doing the water pump change, change other rubber/leather belts as well cause you probably will take them out. My other car, I had the timing belt, aircond belt, alternator, etc all changed at the same time, but since euro uses timing chain you dont need to change the timing chain.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    IMO
    anyhing to do with the engine, inc. Tranny should only be OEM esp. On Hondas
    Dont risk it esp. Something like a water pump which could lead to further complicated issues down the track
    Do it once, do it right
    well with the amount of hell my lemon of a car the amount of issues addressed is unbelievable for a honda. My friends and their fathers can vouch for the GMB brand as they also are oem manufacturers of other branded cars. if it can last me another 100,000kms im more than happy. FINGERS CROSSED big time that the OE replacement will line up (worried about this).

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I wouldnt attempt it myself.... btw, when you doing the water pump change, change other rubber/leather belts as well cause you probably will take them out. My other car, I had the timing belt, aircond belt, alternator, etc all changed at the same time, but since euro uses timing chain you dont need to change the timing chain.
    My car's with the mechanic at the moment getting a stretched timing chain addressed. have needed to replace seals/chain/guides/actuator/solenoid/tensioner and a few more. so im right there with ya! ive told him to not do the water pump as my funds have run out, and there was only signs of weeping but i havent noticed a significant drop in coolant at all. havent had to top it up since i bought the lemon.

would have sell the car, but with all issues addressed, its more worth it to just live withthe car for a year or two
    Last edited by cheapdouchebag; 27-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    what car? changed my own a month ago (D series), and it took me about 2 days. Iv never done one before so lots of time spent double checking/ being carefull. main pain really is removing crank pulley, once thats off you just take of belt, swap tensioner, pump & belt and reverse taking apart. If you can either swap suspention, drum>disk, or remove driveshafts, you will have no problems swaping pump
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusive_eg8 View Post
    what car? changed my own a month ago (D series), and it took me about 2 days. Iv never done one before so lots of time spent double checking/ being carefull. main pain really is removing crank pulley, once thats off you just take of belt, swap tensioner, pump & belt and reverse taking apart. If you can either swap suspention, drum>disk, or remove driveshafts, you will have no problems swaping pump
    ahem.

screw that, the mechanic can do all that shit.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    is it for a k series btw? if it is, it aint hard at all. well depending on ecperience level
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    I had my water pump replaced and it's a big job from what I saw. The whole side of that engine was out. Also I would have bought OEM. I purchased 3 after market ones none lined up properly so I had to return the 3 after market ones and pay for the OEM pump. Honda knows how to make the most out of us.
    Hi there,
    Would you know if this aftermarket water pump will fit our euro?
    https://www.amazon.com/Aisin-WPH-054...ype=automotive