Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I want to see a photo of your current steering wheel so we can see what you mean when you say it's falling apart.

Here are the photo's of my steering wheel.

As you can see the whole top half is very loose (you can move it around). There is a steering cover on it ATM, it makes it a little bit better).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120703_120909.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	22287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120703_120924.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	22288

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Looks like sweat and sun damage. Either keep the steering wheel cover, or replace the steering wheel.

If it was just floppy and you are able to twist it, most garages would be able to repair it using a special compound and a syringe. Essentially they inject it into the steering wheel and it hardens, fixing the issue. However, with such an aesthetically damaged steering wheel I would lean towards simply replacing it with a better example.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    For the original post:

The Rad fan turns on around 90 degree's from stock temp sensor, Ac fan turns on obviously when you turn the AC on

If your fan is never turning on and the car isn't over heating this means you car is never getting to this temp, which i doubt because if you sit at lights for some time they usually turn on.

You can have a manual override so it turns on from start up and you can have this set to a switch also which i have done in my civic. The temp sensor can clog up and give a false reading and not turn on at the correct times.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Thanks for that,

My temperature never goes over 1/3 (it starts from the bottom and goes to 1/3) . But saying that I've only had the car for a short period. It might be faulty??
    Does the Ac Fan still turn on even if there is no air con gas in the system?
    How hard is it to do a manual override on the civic?

Cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_da_man View Post
    Thanks for that,

My temperature never goes over 1/3 (it starts from the bottom and goes to 1/3) . But saying that I've only had the car for a short period. It might be faulty??
    Does the Ac Fan still turn on even if there is no air con gas in the system?
    How hard is it to do a manual override on the civic?

Cheers..
    Yes it still runs even if there is no gas.

If you haven't had much experience with automotive wiring i suggest dont do it yourself. But if your have then not that hard, there is a write up on the net somewhere that can run you through it. The wire for the Rad fan runs down the left side of your engine bay to a plug that clips into the side of your rad fan. If you wire that directly up to ignition then it will turn on every time you car is in ignition. If you then have a switch in the middle of that wire to ignition on your dash then that will give you the ability to turn it on and off when needed. For you i don't think you will need the switch.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Pardon me, but that steering wheel looks beyond repairing i.e. cr*p. Get yourself a basic socket set, some screw drivers and various pliers and like me (in Adelaide) visit a "UPullit" yard for spares (http://www.upullit.com.au/results_page.asp). Pending stock you can get yourself a good 2nd hand wheel, and other bits together with your own elbow grease for minimal $$$'s (steering wheel approx $20 ???)

Cheers for all the information guys...

[QUOTE=dougie_504;3478516]Check the wiring loom and see if the wires are intact. Look at the wire connector (the clip) that attaches to the bulb itself and make sure it's clean.

I've got the headlight working now, it turns out it was the fuse.
    Last edited by boss_da_man; 05-07-2012 at 10:19 PM.

"Update"

*I’ve got a new steering wheel, its from a 92-93 DA9 Integra (photo below). It fits and works 100% on my civic.
    *It says Integra on the steering wheel Hmm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120708_141137.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	22332

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Good to see you're getting some work done mate

Member Array
    Car:
    90Civic 3DHatch
    hey mate you still got the old steering wheel because I am after the H from the middle mine is missing any chance you want to part with it ????