Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2

Coilovers for track only eg2

Hi
    I'm looking to get a new set of coilovers for my eg2 track car but don't know exactly what way to go
    I only want to spend around $2000-2500 max
    I'm told hsd or silvers are half of that price and just as good as anything for that money

I've been looking at k&w v3 or buddyclub race spec

Any advice would be appriciated

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Anyone?!?

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    ive driven an integra with buddy club N+ its soo good so the race spec should be better

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Yeah looking towards them, there's a big gap between cheap and super expensive coilovers, not much Inbetween!

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    I personally noticed a huge difference between the ride of cheaper (ksport ect) coilovers and my jic's. I'd reccommend forking out the bit extra a buying a decent brand especially if it's going to be for track use. For the money your talking you could get a nice set off of yahoo auctions Japan. I personally bought mine from a shop here but you can get cheaper by finding them yourself ad using Jesse streeter to get them to you
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

For the price I'd go something like buddy club race specplus front and rear integra type r swaybars.
    These , combined with good running gear ( ie proper LSD etc) should be the basics for a "track only" civic.

Mind you - swaybars do great things but are less effective when majorly lowering your car

Account Disabled Array
    GAB SS are priced at $1250 and have proven to work on street and track cars. We have them on a certain production Integra DC2R running 1:10's. We also have them other Honda's and Mitsubishi EVO's running them on the track and having great success with them

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Unreal so the gab ss get fairly low with still manintaing a good amount of travel, I notice the tien ss in the rear wasn't far off stock height with little travel
    In your honest opinion does the price jump between the gabs and buddyclub race spec match the performance?
    Your advice is much appriciated

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    i looked on the JIC magic website but nothing for eg/dc2?

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Tein flex?
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    I'd say just go for buddyclub rsd. Dnyall uses them in his track only civic!
    snapping 2nd..

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    Unreal so the gab ss get fairly low with still manintaing a good amount of travel, I notice the tien ss in the rear wasn't far off stock height with little travel
    In your honest opinion does the price jump between the gabs and buddyclub race spec match the performance?
    Your advice is much appriciated
    The GAB SS height adjustments are made from the base. The shocks and springs are preloaded from the factory, so travel wont be affected as long as you adjust it from the base. They can be lowered fairly low as well.

Honestly, priced is all dependant on branding and marketing. Personally i dont rate the buddyclubs. They are very stiff and dont damper well. You can feel this when you drive on the streets. GAB's are a fairly new items onto the Australian market. We have trial and tested them for the past year and they have exceeded our expectation. The product has been proven both on street and race cars.

I dont want to be talking up the GAB product to sell it. If you have a budget of $3200 for coilovers, ill be recommended another brand and model to suit. PM if your keen