Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Obd2a to Obd1 injectors?

In a bit of a pickle here... im not good with ecu, but if im goin with obd1 ecu, does that mean therefore i need to revert to obd1 injectors and injector clips an harness? or can i still use the same clips but with bigger injectors?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Maybe you can stick with your current setup, don't quote me though, but I'm using ITR rail + injectors on my EF8 running OBD0 so just a thought.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Maybe you can stick with your current setup, don't quote me though, but I'm using ITR rail + injectors on my EF8 running OBD0 so just a thought.
    nah goin larger injectors 440cc
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Ah, finally going turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    I've used OBD1 injector on Obd2b engine. All i have done is, getting obd1 plugs and injectors, cut and re solder.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    You can simply cut the injector clips to match your injectors that you are using, however, just make sure if swapping from high impedance injectors to low impedance injectors you must use a resistor box so you dont burn out your ecu.

A link below from hondata has this explained pretty well.

http://www.hondata.com/techlowohminjectors.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Ah, finally going turbo?
    yeah hahaha, still getting parts but im half way there

Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    I've used OBD1 injector on Obd2b engine. All i have done is, getting obd1 plugs and injectors, cut and re solder.
    cheers man, sounds easy to do

Quote Originally Posted by hoojee View Post
    You can simply cut the injector clips to match your injectors that you are using, however, just make sure if swapping from high impedance injectors to low impedance injectors you must use a resistor box so you dont burn out your ecu.

A link below from hondata has this explained pretty well.

http://www.hondata.com/techlowohminjectors.html
    thanks heaps man
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ok one more thing, i just need this cleared up, since im goin obd1 so does that mean i need to revert back to low impedance injectors? As far as im aware us with 1996 - 1998 obd2a use a high impedance injectors

or can i keep the high impedance injectors, cause if thats the case im good for injectors if not than most likely im gonna need new low impedance injectors for the build or use a resistor box lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Swapping OBD wouldnt affect the ecu signal to the injectors. Think of it more like: high impedance is plug 'n' play, while low impedance injectors go together with a resistor box.

From what I've noticed from turbo builds, I've seen a lot go for high cc, low impedance injectors. Maybe they have better duty cycle or maybe they are cheaper than the equivalent high impedance injectors? That I'm not too sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by hoojee View Post
    Swapping OBD wouldnt affect the ecu signal to the injectors. Think of it more like: high impedance is plug 'n' play, while low impedance injectors go together with a resistor box.

From what I've noticed from turbo builds, I've seen a lot go for high cc, low impedance injectors. Maybe they have better duty cycle or maybe they are cheaper than the equivalent high impedance injectors? That I'm not too sure.
    cheers for clearing that up

apparently i heard they are similar in performance, so theres no point in goin down to low impedance injectors if u can find high impedance ones, but upon more research ive discovered that low impedance are peak an hold vs high which are saturated type injectors, though i wouldnt know for sure which is better type, but either way im only aiming for 140kw max as long as it fits and does the job im happy
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC