Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R

crank pulley worrys

hey everyone! Need some desperate help as I don't know what to do and sick of mechanics messing me around!

had a crank pulley go bad on me so sent it to a shop around the corner and long story short it came loose a month later, shop didn't want to deal with it and tbh didn't want to take the car back there with all the dodgy things they did...another story altogether.

So towed the car home and take the pulley off to see the "new" pulley is damaged and same with the woodruff key, crank had a little mark at the very end on the keyway but it wasn't cracked or anything.

So in order to get the money back from the previous mechanics I got it sent to hannys and when he rang he tells me it just needed tightening and that the crank pulley was fine but it had a little bit of wobble but kept proceeding to tell me to trust him...even though I saw with my own eyes that the pulley was damaged! I would of done it at home If I was told I couldn't get a report and that I knew I was paying $300 to tow it there just to get tightened up with a rattle gun.

So can someone give me any options? I'm thinking of going to pick the car up, driving it home to the coast and then doing the new pulley and keyway myself but knowing how bad the damage was really not wanting to or Robert said I could buy a new pulley and bring it to him even though I live 100km away.

I will post here again if I sort it out with them.
    Last edited by wastingtime; 29-06-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    put a pick up of the damaged pulley?
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R

bad photos but clearly the pulley and keyway are ****ed, the crank snout didn't seem too bad, not as bad as the photo looks (1mm is a bit chewed at the end of crank but the keyway sits halfway through? meaning it shouldn't be effected?)

I really don't see it being fixed by doing it back up with those parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    I'm thinking he might of done a jb weld fix? still very dodgy, he even told me the pulley was wobbling.

Account Disabled Array
    doesn't look that bad, I would use it as is, going from the pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    looks fine just smooth out the key a little and should be good

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    It's loosening from the wobble I assume as it's happened twice and I really don't see just putting old parts with heaps of movement and doing the bolt tight being able to fix it, I've read of people having my problem twice and the simple change of the key stopped the wobble and bolts stopped loosening.

Account Disabled Array
    if you know what to do, why are you asking?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl33 View Post
    if you know what to do, why are you asking?
    Exactly why I got it towed there, because I don't. I've just read alot on the subject, Need a pulley holder or better rattle gun to do the job anyway.

Ended up sorting everything with Robert when I went to talk to him in person and he was really nice about everything and helped me understand it all better, he took the pulley off to inspect and did the bolt up for free so he has to be a nice guy.

So until I have the problem again I will have respect for the shop . Really just wanted my car back without thinking its going to have a loose pulley and ****ed crank snout everytime I start it.
    Last edited by wastingtime; 29-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.