Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

cl9: 1st to 2nd gear change troubles

hey guys, just woundering if anyone els has experianced difficulty getting it into 2nd gear if you are under full throttle from 1st to 2nd gear.

its only been happening lately so im unsure if it could be an issue with my clutch or gearbox but it feels alot harder to select 2nd

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    Try changing the GB oil and see how that goes first.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    When I bought the car at 55thou km I did all oil/ fluid changes. I used genuine Honda box oil. Car now has 75 thousand km.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    I've not experienced an issues 1st to 2nd, but I did have an issue with 2nd to 3rd. Changing the gearbox oil, using genuine Honda Manual Transmission Fluid really helped. I'd look into getting that done to start with.
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yea I thought that at first but like I said the gear box oil is only 20 000km old

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Accord Euro
    I'm having the same troubles, just had the service done and transmission fluid was changed for new Honda fluid and it got a bit better but still an issue.

if the gearbox plays up on me, i pull over and climb into the engine bay to tell my 2nd gear synchros off. the synchros then proceed to shit themselves clean, and it works fine after that.
    Last edited by butterfingers; 29-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I think it just a euro thing. I had the same problem at high revs.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    If you've been driving it hard and rushing the shifts into 2nd (especially forcing it into 2nd on downshift at higher revs without throttle blip), it could be the synchro on 2nd wearing. Likewise if you are rushing your shifts, you might not have been pushing the clutch in all the way while shifting. This could also lead to worn synchro. It could also be the clutch needing adjusting.

Slow your shifts down, the Euro isn't a race car.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 02-07-2012 at 03:08 PM.

i dont know how you people shift when you drive hard, but i never slam it into gear, even doing redline shifting

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    ^ Lol how else do you go fast and keep the revs up without smashing it into gear

edit: When I say smashing into gear I don't mean in a bad/ crunching/ forcing it in way, I mean doing it really quick!
    Last edited by DVS-00R; 02-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I'm no street racer but every now n again I blow the cob webs out n it only recently it been doing that. I thought it was syncros. Guess I'll get it checked out