Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto

Auto Headlights On

Has anyone fitted a "sensor and module" to a CL7 or CL9 Euro so that their headlights come on automatically in low light and if so who makes it and where can I get one?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I would imagine that it would be costly to buy and install.

The sensor will require you ripping your current rear view mirror off and installing a new one. Since the sensor is attached off there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by caudex View Post
    The sensor will require you ripping your current rear view mirror off and installing a new one. Since the sensor is attached off there.
    I always thought it was placed at the middle of the dash, that lump before the front de-mister vents. At least that's where it normally is in other cars. On a side note though, I've noticed that there's already cables running to that lump when I took that top panel off. Perhaps we just need to purchase the sensor, although the actual stalk would require a change as the stock one doesn't have auto listed.

That lump is the Windscreen wiper auto sensor.
    There is another bit which sticks off the mirror which is the actual sensor for auto lights.

I can take a picture when i get home for you if you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    Has anyone fitted a "sensor and module" to a CL7 or CL9 Euro so that their headlights come on automatically in low light and if so who makes it and where can I get one?
    Also interested in this.. Although, I'd much rather just the Auto-OFF function like almost every base model car has these days. Where you have your lights on and then once your turn the engine off and open the door the headlights turn off.. and then when you start the car again etc they will come back on straight away.. is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by dale_s15 View Post
    Also interested in this.. Although, I'd much rather just the Auto-OFF function?
    This is most likely possible and ALOT more feasible than doing the full auto function. Should just be adding a relay somewhere in the circuit to get it to do that. The person will need to know electronics, but shouldn't be hard.

Ideas could be front light off when car is off, that would be easy to do with just a relay switch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by caudex View Post
    That lump is the Windscreen wiper auto sensor.
    There is another bit which sticks off the mirror which is the actual sensor for auto lights.

I can take a picture when i get home for you if you want.
    Ok, maybe Honda does it differently. My VE dore only has auto lights, and it's got that lump on the dash, of which I tested using a card to cover it, it's def a light sensor in that. Same applies to my parent's Toyota Camry.

A quick google gives 2 options which I've found:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTOMATIC...item3f196a2bf5
    http://www.amazon.com/Directed-Elect.../dp/B000CJ24YY

Both seem easy enough to fit.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 03-07-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Thanks heaps. Both the eBay and Amazon products look good. I have an MX5 as well and had Auto Lights On Fitted to it by the Mazda dealer. It was obviously an aftermarket unit
    and there was no need to change mirrors or light wand. The sensor is actually at the base of the Windscreen Pillar on the drivers side. It works really well and it was that which made me think about fitting a similar Unit to my CL9 Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, amazon unit seems to have more functions to it. Has a function to turn on headlights when wipers are turned on. Which is an interesting feature, although with melbourne, it can be blindingly sunny yet still pouring down with rain.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What's wrong with the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by dale_s15 View Post
    Also interested in this.. Although, I'd much rather just the Auto-OFF function like almost every base model car has these days. Where you have your lights on and then once your turn the engine off and open the door the headlights turn off.. and then when you start the car again etc they will come back on straight away.. is this possible?
    I want something like this too. I'm away for work this week and have a rental base model Camry that does this, so it's a bit sad that my Euro doesn't.

I know that I need to put a relay on the headlight switch wire and perhaps an alarm wire (lights off when locking, on when unlocking), but I have no idea where to find these wires and the best place to splice into them.