Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    hey guys sorry its been a while um took the car to a mechanic and they found low fuel pressure and my iacv is rooted aswell should hopefully have the iacv soonish and i just replaced the fuel filter and will be getting injectors cleaned soon to see if this help with the low fuel pressure, i am using the d16y4 timing belt its 107 tooth i think... and yes stock cam gear mechanical timing is ok oil sensor is plugged in and using a d15b7 throttle body apart from fuel pressure reg can you guys think of anything else that would cause low fuel pressure?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Check your spark plugs, if that's not the problem, check the IACV. IACV is your idle air controll valve, and is what lets air through during idle/start up. Sometimes they can get stuck or moved. Basically just twist it back to its original place and your idle should settle, I had the same problem with my EK D16Y8. EricTheCarGuy has a tutorial on how to fix it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L788jKEVblY Hope this helped. -Alex.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    Thanks I've actually already tried cleaning it and have ordered one from the states just waiting on it to come the problems that the mechanic thinks it is is fuels pressure because it's reading roughly 5-10 psi below what it should, I've replaced the fuel filter and just want to know what else it might be... Thanks tho and Eric the car guy is awesome with Honda problems ��

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    check if your iacv is a 3 wire(OBD2) if it is you will have to mod it to a two wire(OBD1) very common mistake on this conversion heres the fix
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    The Iacv is the one off the d15b7 as we have to use the manifold from the d15b7 on the d16y4 because the d16 doesn't have an Iacv and the engine has been converted to obd I do we can can run the ecu from the d15b7