Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

B16a gearbox in DC2 VTi-R

Just wondering, has anyone done this before ? Having the B16 gearbox in the integra VTi-R? Just wanna know what the drive is like, thinking of a B16 gearbox in my integra.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Yeaaa

It's good

Shorter ratios

Recommended

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    B16a came out with different ratios over the years, safest option would be one out of the EK4 ie S4C box ie same ratios as Ek9 and DC2R series 1 pre 98 model.

Though with the same 4.4FD as the Integra Vti-r S80 box, it doesnt have the big gap between 1st gear and the long 1.9 2nd gear, nor does it have the tall 4th and 5th gears ( also found in the 98+ spec dc2r box, which has 4.785 FD )

S4C along with a 4.7FD you would feel a significant difference in how the car feels, even without the 4.4FD it's an worthwhile upgrade with enough of a difference you can notice.

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Its very good.

me and a couple of mates have tried this. reccommded if you cant afford the ITR 4.7fd lsd box.

gives type r's a good run
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Problem is, where do we start sourcing a nice, non-abused one? What are the price range for one?
    WP PB 1:15:03

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If you're that worried about it I'd consider aftermarket shortened gears and FD's. Hard to get a smooth box second hand, especially if it's coming out of a 'nippier' car than your own.

Safer investment IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    B16a came out with different ratios over the years, safest option would be one out of the EK4 ie S4C box ie same ratios as Ek9 and DC2R series 1 pre 98 model.

Though with the same 4.4FD as the Integra Vti-r S80 box, it doesnt have the big gap between 1st gear and the long 1.9 2nd gear, nor does it have the tall 4th and 5th gears ( also found in the 98+ spec dc2r box, which has 4.785 FD )

S4C along with a 4.7FD you would feel a significant difference in how the car feels, even without the 4.4FD it's an worthwhile upgrade with enough of a difference you can notice.
    VTI-R box is Y80. DC2R is S80.

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    VTI-R box is Y80. DC2R is S80.
    Actually, vtir comes with both the y80 and s80 gearboxes. Just no lsd in the s80 from the vtirs. Most people would think s80 gearboxes came from type r's only, but they also came in the Vtir.
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

So err anyone knows the price range for a reasonably good condition B16A box?

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    they range from 500-1000,

id say do a bdwap
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

simmy get fked

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    So err anyone knows the price range for a reasonably good condition B16A box?
    they range from 500-1000,

id say do a bdwap
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre