Thread: b18c2 wiring

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

b18c2 wiring

i have just done a b18c2 swap into an eg the harness was already the right one i have driven the car a few times fine then when i went to mount the computer back in place thats when the problems began as soon as i bolted it in the holder it started to idle heaps rough and the engine was bouncing around i took the computer back off its mount the car ran normal again for a minute then it went back to running rough and now it wont even start any help would be great thanks
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    Maybe lose wires?
    Lose earth

Could be frayed/damaged wiring which is exacerbated when the ECU is folded up. Check for any fault codes

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    its not throwing any codes i will just have to keep checking the wires its just strange working 100% then wont even start
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Check your wiring for your map. Just look up the pinout for it and trace back that wire from the ecu. could be it
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    as everyone above has said, sounds like a loose wire in its connector. Or poorly joined wires if a VAFC ect was once used.