Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro

Fined for parking on nature strip outside your house?

Today I received a fine in the mail for parking on the nature strip outside my house. I just got my Ps so im kinda new to this stuff.. Is it always illegal to park on the nature strip outside your property? Or is it "ok" to park on a nature strip as long as the car doesn't sit there permanently? Cos long before I got my Ps all my neighbours always parked their cars(and still do) on the nature strip outside their house... some advice would be great

btw wasnt sure where to post this, im also in VIC
    >>

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    yes it illegal but not often they pursue it,also leave trash bins out after 24 hr illegal too

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Today I received a fine in the mail for parking on the nature strip outside my house. I just got my Ps so im kinda new to this stuff.. Is it always illegal to park on the nature strip outside your property? Or is it "ok" to park on a nature strip as long as the car doesn't sit there permanently? Cos long before I got my Ps all my neighbours always parked their cars(and still do) on the nature strip outside their house... some advice would be great

btw wasnt sure where to post this, im also in VIC
    wait, as in your front lawn..? dafuq?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    wait, as in your front lawn..? dafuq?
    not your front lawn,it council

Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro
    O.o Council was planting trees on the nature strip along my street last week, they were probably pissed cos my car was parked on the nature strip,, oops :$ *sigh* they don't even cut the grass though... Thanks for clearing it up
    >>

yeh that's screwed up, my mate got the same thing happen 'done for parking on a footpath' but there was no footpath on his side, its on the other side of the street. the nature strip is connected to his front lawn so its all a big confusion lawl.
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    You can't park on the council strip.
    Deano.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    Depends on councils, my allows you to park there as long as u don't block walk path and it's in front of ur house

Naturestrip Parking

http://www.monash.vic.gov.au/city/pa...egulations.htm
    Road rules state that parking on a naturestrip is not permitted.
    Council does not apply this restriction in residential areas if the parking is occurring on the owner's own nature strip and sight distances and the condition of the nature strip is in reasonable condition.
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Got yellowed stickers for this gave me 3 days to move the car, lucky no fine happen twice to me.

Because your parked outside your house i would suggest fighting the fine, my mum got done for parking outside our house as we live accross the road from a school but there was a reason why she was parked there, as we had some garden soil delivered and needed the truck to go up our driveway. we won the appeal now my mum gets angry at me when i leave my car out the front
    Last edited by Johnie; 10-07-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    I just got one of these too but it was outside my mates house. He said its happened to quite a few other people while they were visiting him. There goes $85 i could have spent better elsewhere

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ricerockets View Post
    I just got one of these too but it was outside my mates house. He said its happened to quite a few other people while they were visiting him. There goes $85 i could have spent better elsewhere
    happened to few ppl and your mate didnt tell you about it

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    happened to few ppl and your mate didnt tell you about it

stoner. nuff said.