Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    The D16 isn't any better, hardly notice the difference I'd think.

DOHC D16 is nicer to drive because it's less gutless down low, but I seriously think you're better off with the B18B2 or B18C2. If you buy a Civic make sure you buy one with a conversion already done lol.
    is there much difference with the b18b2 and b18c2? have u ever like test drive both of them?? because i never had the chance to since one of my mates do own a gsi teg but its an auto and he is a stingy bastard and wouldnt let me take it for a spin. -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Ver 5-6 sti
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Driven the B18B2 many times, but haven't driven a B18C2 funnily enough lol.

B18B2 non-VTEC is a decent motor, underrated. Just suffers from longer gear ratios but is a good cruiser. B18C2 would surely have more balls.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Driven the B18B2 many times, but haven't driven a B18C2 funnily enough lol.

B18B2 non-VTEC is a decent motor, underrated. Just suffers from longer gear ratios but is a good cruiser. B18C2 would surely have more balls.
    haha okay well at least its not a d15b4 motor like on my old car. oh and also has anyone ever like sorta raced an fto before???

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Against an FTO?

Well I've had two occasions where an FTO owner and myself decided to see who could reach the speed limit first. CRX > FTO.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yes I can confirm,Ive never seen any fto mivec beat any b18a/b/c

Not sure why coz on paper they appear to have decent power

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah but in reality I think they're a pretty average car. 2.0L is too small for 6cyl N/A.

Looks nice, good figures on paper, but not much else...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Yeah but in reality I think they're a pretty average car. 2.0L is too small for 6cyl N/A.

Looks nice, good figures on paper, but not much else...
    They beat a lot of competitors out in the looks department, though. Tegs and Celicas don't come close. Plus they're far less common, which adds to the allure.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    yeah most poeple dont really like the front lights of the teg unless its the jdm type r version. has anyone done a conversion before? to a jdm front?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    yeah most poeple dont really like the front lights of the teg unless its the jdm type r version. has anyone done a conversion before? to a jdm front?
    I havent done it but i own a jdm front dc2 and stock dc2 vti-r, it requires weilding the rad support witch i dont have the skill to do so. otherwise rest is bolt on.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie View Post
    I havent done it but i own a jdm front dc2 and stock dc2 vti-r, it requires weilding the rad support witch i dont have the skill to do so. otherwise rest is bolt on.
    oh sh*t really? i thought it was just a bolt on job. hah. guess if i do get this teg i will probably do it after a few months of saving up.