Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

wheel bearing issue?

Hey guys, ive noticed that my front right wheel bearing has already got some play in it, which means its on its way out FFUUUUUUUU

Its not making noises yet, but there is a noticeable amount of play, but no steering wheel issue yet

The thing is ive only had the bearing replaced 6 months ago, what can cause a bearing to go bad in such a short notice?

could it be that the hub is bad?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    Yeah hub most likely bad or the bearing was pressed on an angle and it damaged it I guess. Can buy hub and wheel bearings in one on ebay usually pretty cheap.

Unless its play from somewhere else, check for movement on ball joints, tie rods and check bushings.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek civic
    Or check driveshaft bolt is tight

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Yeah sounds like the hub mate

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    cheers guys might end up buying a replacement asap
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Check that the nut was done up tightly (unless you've already undone it). If you have taken it apart, check the hub for runout (get a straight flat piece of metal and place it on the hub surface, and check to see if the face is flat). Always best to determine the problem exactly before you go spending money you don't need to.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Just had another thought, a warped or damaged brake rotor could cause premature bearing failure too, but is less likely. Unless you spend more time braking than not..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    where can you get a new hub? i'm interested in this as well, similar problem, but this time around the hub nuts has siezed so even more cause for damage to the hub when trying to get it off.
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors