Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1

Body Kit Repair (RB1)

hi guys,

I need some of your expert advice.. I've been looking for the absolute front bumper for awhile already and i stumbled upon this on yahoo auction. Its got some defects which looked pretty minor to me but happened to be at critical joints so i'm quite worried about them.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n83973817

the defects identified are:
    1) broken off top left bracket
    2) split top left bracket
    3) minor scratches on the edges
    3) rash on the lower lip

do you guys reckon this can be easily & worth fixing? can anyone recommend a bodykit repair shop in melbourne?
    sorry i'm not very good with all this modding business and sourcing stuff from overseas. i only know how to drive the car. planning to bring it in through importmonster. pretty much only need to pay for the shipping only.

thanks alot guys. please help...

not much problems from my point of view except the broken top and bottom brackets. am sure Atjo can recommend a body shop in Melb.

shipping will cost you an arm for this item..... can i ask reasons do you want an Absolute bumper? don't you know the AUDM foglight cannot be fitted to the JDM Absolute bumper housing unless you want to wire mesh them. IMO, i would rather get an aftermarket bodykit instead of OEM from Japan but its upto you. Happy modding!!

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    You can go to DT Panels in Springvale if you want to fix the bumper. Just ask for Vu & tell him Daniel refers you to him.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    @ AusAccord: hmmm.. didn't know about the fog light thing until you pointed it out. i don't even have fogs on mine right now. if i do go with this then i might need to suss out the fogs that fit into the abs bumper from asia.. but thanks for the tip anyway!

@ Atjo: hey thanks! I'll keep the name in mind and make sure to remember to name drop too..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    bro Accord,

When you say the housing, do you mean just the garnish wouldn't fit or the entire lens bracket?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    The AUDM fog light itself will fit, but there is a black plastic that frames the light housing to suite it to the bumper type. There are 3 shapes from factory in Japan

1st one is non-absolute facelift bumper with no lip kit
    2nd one is non-absolute facelift bumper with Modulo lip kit
    3rd one is Absolute bumper with Absolute lip kit

With the bumper in the Yahoo Japan Auction, there is no black plastic frame and no foglight. So you will have to get them from somewhere other than a dealer here if you want fog lights, else it will be hole or as Aus said, wire mesh.

^^ as explained by Evo with great details *thumb up*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    bro Evo thanks alot.

Ok I found this dude on ebay selling some non-ori lamps (button switch) $120+ and it seems that if i get the pictured used absolute bezel it should fit onto the bracket although the 3rd screw housing seems to be broken or something. what da ya think?

whats everyone here running on? stick switch or button switch? has anyone here installed stick switch w/o going through dealer? $600-700+ just for foglight installation is quite cutthroat

also, out of curiosity is it legal to drive with your foglights on on normal conditions?

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Technically it's not legal. You're supposed to use it on foggy condition.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Evolution, aka_NSX and myself running OEM stick switch and three of us DIY. its funny as i remember the bracket fixing onto bumper then cover on top, not bracket ont0 cover as shown on yr pics...... be-careful if it says using button switch then you may need run wires thru firewall as OEM one already pre-wired and its only a plug-n-play system onto fuse box. its not legal running foggies on normal conditions

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    its plug and play but still bloody hard to get access around the Fuse Box,

and if you need the instruction manual AusAccord is the man to ask . . . without his instruction manual I wont be able to install mine

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Mobil1, not sure if that ebay set will fit the absolute bumper even with the Absolute bezel. It looks like it's for the pre-facelift models.

The foggies took me 1 full day to install and without Aus_Accord's instruction manual I would never have figured it out.