RB1 Power Steering Problems

Hi All, Have had our 04 Odyssey for a 4 yrs now, 185k kms and going well.
    However recently my wife reported an occasional whining sound. After searching around on your forum, I realised that this was probably linked to the power steering. Took the car into Honda and while they couldn't fault the vehicle during test, they noted that there was a leak in the high pressure power steering hose and quoted me $730 to replace.
    After some hunting around, I found a hydraulic hose repair crowd who were able to repair the hose for $120. (My labour to remove and install) They reuse the end fittings and braise them onto threaded fittings, with a standard hose between. The dampener is reinserted but not crimped in place.
    Thought I was pretty smart, until I took it on it's maiden trip to find that while the leak was stopped and the reservoir full, the whining was now louder and more constant.
    Sounds a bit like having a supercharger bolted on.
    I'm guessing that this is my power-steer pump on it's death-row??
    No other symptoms of the steering however.
    Any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 RB1|08 B200T
    To my knowledge there was a recall on this no?
    wedding | photography | videography | www.dustinling.com

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    if its noisey after have a line removed/reinstalled it possibly just needs to be bled.. ie. remove trapped air from system..

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    If you have air in the PS system then you have a leak somewhere. check the reservoir bottle and end fittings.

the noise could be two things....

1) PS Pump bearing is gone
    2) Belt is goneskies.
    RB1-ODC