Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude

Angry Drivers side window - How to tell if the motor needs replacing

Hey guys, the window on my prelude has stopped going up and down on the drivers side, I've pulled everything apart and tried to suss it out and fix it but to no avail, when pressing the button the motor makes a noise as if its working but it doesn't..

Do I need a replacement motor/ regulator? Would the teeth be worn down on the motor coz I'm pretty sure they are like plastic on metal, ghey design fault..

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    look at its headlights.

if its pupils have gone massive, you know its pinging
    >_<"

Is it just one side that's not working? it might just need a switch replacement.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    happend to my civic.

if it doesnt go up and down ...check the below first

1) Check for any blown fuses.
    2) Swap/replace window switches - test.
    3) Power test the window regulator/motor

if you dont hear or feel the motor when powered up and doesnt move at all on the rotor/teeth then its had its life - replace it.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodTray View Post
    Is it just one side that's not working? it might just need a switch replacement.
    Yea just the one side :/

Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    happend to my civic.

if it doesnt go up and down ...check the below first

1) Check for any blown fuses.
    2) Swap/replace window switches - test.
    3) Power test the window regulator/motor

if you dont hear or feel the motor when powered up and doesnt move at all on the rotor/teeth then its had its life - replace it.
    Fueses are all good, window switches are in working order, they turn the motor on and off you can hear it, but it just keeps winding winding winding and not moving up and down

I'm going wreckers today hopefully they can help me out with the part I need!
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    look at its headlights.

>_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    Yea just the one side :/

Fueses are all good, window switches are in working order, they turn the motor on and off you can hear it, but it just keeps winding winding winding and not moving up and down

I'm going wreckers today hopefully they can help me out with the part I need!
    100% certain the teeth on the rotor or mechanical frames are goneskies.

When u go to the wrecker ask for the complete window regulator/motor with the sliders/frame etc.

make sure that you clean & grease/lube the rollers, teeth - basically anything that slides before u install it.

When u go to the wrecker ask for the complete window regulator/motor with the sliders/frame etc.

make sure that you clean & grease/lube the rollers, teeth - basically anything that slides before u install it.

Same thing happened to mine, I had an issue with the regulator/motor and ended up getting a cheap replacement from the wreckers, definetly worth getting
    the the sliders/frames as IV73CI has said above.

If you need help sourcing parts just let me know as I have a friend who works at a wreckers in Kirrawee.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Make sure u get the wreckers to test to make sure the motor works like a charm b4 buying..

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    Hey guys sorry I didnt reply, thought I'd follow up with the situation!

Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman2233 View Post
    Same thing happened to mine, I had an issue with the regulator/motor and ended up getting a cheap replacement from the wreckers, definetly worth getting
    the the sliders/frames as IV73CI has said above.

If you need help sourcing parts just let me know as I have a friend who works at a wreckers in Kirrawee.
    Thanks for that! Where is this wreckers in Kirrawee I called a place there and they said they don't do hondas :/

Make sure u get the wreckers to test to make sure the motor works like a charm b4 buying..
    ^^^ ps lol i asked them before i left and they said yea yea it works.. took it down to hanny's and they helpd me install it put it all together and didnt work hahaah, had to go back down there and they gave me one fresh off a wrecked car, installed it and all good and working, its so fast now i raced the passenger window and it beats it by a mile hahaah

I appreciate all your inputs, thanks for you help

Ps I ended up getting this from Hontoys for $120! everywhere else would not budge less than $150 to $200
    Last edited by dwn_boi; 01-08-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    look at its headlights.

>_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    thanks for the update mate. did you get it working?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    yea its perfect! so fast hahah
    look at its headlights.

>_<"