EK Head unit wiring problem. Help?

Dont know how to edit title -- SOLVED --- thanks

Hello ozhando forum,

So after undoing a shitload of random screws to reach the headunit, i have encountered problems when wiring up.

I cant figure how to make headunit turn on, is something faulty?

The battery wire seems to never have any voltage where as accessories always seems to have 12v even when key isn't switched.

Please excuse the human scum i haven't cleaned up yet from the previous owner, just got the car yesterday.
    Last edited by roberlonies; 13-07-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: solved

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    does your battery one have voltage if you were you turn your key on? maybe its switched around
    for example - OEM = blue/white = battery acc =red/yellow
    bu yours is the other way around ?

Doesnt appear to have voltage when key is turned,
    I have checked the Radio/Clock fuse, it isnt blown.
    Something that happens is when the battery and accessories wires touched accidentally the clock turns on???

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    have you check the other wires for voltage ?

Good, thinking, i actually never tried, figured they were all speaker wires from the wiring diagrams. Is there a fuse for the constant that i am not aware of? or is it just the clock/radio fuse.

*might be a fuse in the engine bay, if there is one, will check tommorow morning
    Last edited by roberlonies; 12-07-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: engine bay fuses

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    are you connecting it to the right colour wires on the head unit? im pretty sure most after market head units are yellow for battery, red for ignition (accessories). might be the other way round..

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    doesnt matter if hes connecting it or not. theres no power in the cables hes connecting yet.

Thanks for the helps,

Turned out to be a blown 7.5a backup/radio fuse in the engine bay that i didnt know of. Accessories wire doesnt have constant 12v now and turns on when meant too and battery wire has constant 12v now.