Do car functions still work even if the lights come on the cluster from code errors?

Abs light and seatbelt/airbag lights come on my cluster cause the codes dont match cause the cluster is from the jdm model euro cl7. The lights dont bother me but im just worried that the functions wont work since the light comes on, in situ of an accidet

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Incase of accidents,

the airbag should still deploy as this is controlled by the sensor impact to the ECU.

The codes on the cluster is just verify that the ecu is matched to all coded parts, and the cluster lights are just indicators.

though - when your due for a RWC or pink slip etc, the inspectors may fail you due to this.

also if you ever get pulled over for defects or cops. if they see this, it will be a defect for sure.

if you cannot get the codes reset or fixed via honda dealer - then you can do a retro fit/soldering to make it flash on and off. - PM me for further details.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 , ED6, e30
    I think for ABS, if the light comes on, it deactivates the system. you dont want your abs kicking in sporadically.

also, just check, if your abs/srs lights are actually on because of errors OR its on because with the jdm clusters, those lights have a failsafe feature in which it runs a relay to 'flip' the signal.

it's designed so the light will come on if there is no signal and light turns off when there is a signal.
    Stanced cars are like girls in high heels, sexy as hell, extremely impractical

www.flickr.com/photos/xposure2010

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    have a read at this post..

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/3880836-post32.html

also to add,

ABS light stays on - it is an indication that your Brake fluid levels are low and requires topping up OR your ABS unit/sensors are faulty.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by YBJLS4 View Post
    Abs light and seatbelt/airbag lights come on my cluster cause the codes dont match cause the cluster is from the jdm model euro cl7. The lights dont bother me but im just worried that the functions wont work since the light comes on, in situ of an accidet
    i thought some sort of rewiring is needed to fit in the CL7 cluster. Have a search you should find more info

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-and-abs-light

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...uster-into-cl9
    OEM parts whore