Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brian Crower stage 2 for s2000

I have seen from s2ki that the brian crower stage 2 cams seem great for the s2.
    But can the same gains be had from a set of Toda cams. ( with the same/ or similar set up as what brian crower stage 2 require).

Any other for and against comments would prob also help.
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If the BCs are so great (I noticed you didn't provide any references) why wouldn't you go with them.

I am searching for a reason not to get the Brian crower cams as someone may have some information I have not found to convince me otherwise.
    Pin It To Win It

My reference was to the forum s2ki for the reports I have read on bc cams ,none on toda but since you have not helped with your post I struggle to see why you bothered. Thanks for typing
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Pardon me for posting. Good luck with your search.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    since you have not helped with your post I struggle to see why you bothered. Thanks for typing
    Not the first time...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    LOL, have you noticed that no one else is helping either? Including the above poster.

The reality is, if you've searched S2ki and not found what you are looking for you won't find it on Ozhonda. And even if you ask you'll get nothing but smartarse comments and keyboard warriors taking cyber jabs at each other.

Seriously, my experience with the S2000 is pretty indepth (have personally rebuilt and turbo'd an F20C) and I'm happy to share that knowledge but my knowledge of cams is a little second hand. The reason I don't have much experience with cams is I was under the opinion that the F20C had great cams to begin with. The low lobes were drivable and the high lobes excellent for making power. Infact the only references to cams I remember on S2ki was some Brian Crower turbo cams that were manufacturered as a GB and it went pair shaped when they failed to make any power (in fact lost power). That's why I was interested to read you supposed good reviews of BC cams.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 14-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Yeah, I understand people can post some noob stuff, hence the noob section

There is a write up on s2ki regarding the Brian crower NA stage two cams. With supported dyno graphs from real street performance. Previously I to have read that there was no cams making power for the F20c. I am now hopeful that the Brian crower stage 2 NA cams are the real deal. I do think toda make some good products but with the lack of a quality online shop and from what I've seen not using PayPal which would help in the 'the people not receiving their products issues. ( don't have your goods in 45 days apply to PayPal and u get your money back). I am struggling to find supported gains from the toda cams for this car. So brian crower cams may be it
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The new distributor for Toda in Aus will be announced soon. I'm sure they will be happy to provide you with some back up for your decision.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    New distributor for Toda.. Thata a thread in itself

Brian crower stage 2 on order. Ferrea valve springs and retainers to go in..
    Pin It To Win It