Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks guys, I'll work it through and see how I progress. Plugs will be my first port of call. I have heard that gapping irridiums can be a little tricky but hopefully they will be set correctly. I also got some dielectric grease for the ends of the coil packs. I've heard that this can help with misfire symptoms.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    I had a very similar problem if not exactly the same problem with my Jazz same year model etc.

Pretty much can be 95% sure it is the coilpacks, they are known to play up and especially when you said taking off and A/C is on because it does put more load onto the packs and hence you feel the malfunction.
    If you know how to take the coil packs out as you said, you can pretty much determine which one is at fault but just looking at it, it'll probably look a bit burnt (don't know how to describe), pretty much just not normal.
    They usually don't all go at once, 1 or 2 if your unlucky depending on how long the missfire has been going on for
    Yes coilpacks are expensive, around $200 from Honda a piece sadly

Another thing can be fuel filter as well but unlikely
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

After a wet week here in Adelaide I finally got around to inspecting the coil packs and putting a little dielectric grease on them. Guess what I found? No 1 coil pack is clearly different to the rest. To my knowledge it has never been replaced, so must have discoloured.

Will do my best to post photos. Here goes....

Regular coilpack

Discoloured problem coil pack

Compare the two

Have called the local Honda parts place and they reckon a new coil pack is around $95 so not too bad overall as I only found one to be discoloured and will be replacing that straight away.

Many thanks to all who gave advice and helped me to pinpoint this problem. Will keep you updated if problems persist, but I reckon this is it

Hope this helps someone else too!
    Thanks again