Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro

Removing steering wheel audio control surround

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased an 03 Euro and Im in the process of tidying a few things up on it.

The silver surround on the cruise control buttons from the steering is a bit cracked. I want to remove this, sand it back and respray it.

Has anyone removed this before? Is it just a matter of gently prying it off or will I need to take the whole steering wheel off and remove it from behind the horn somehow?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    From memory on the back of the wheel there are some small screws loosen them and you should be good to go

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    Cheers Marquee, will check when I get home tonight.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    There should be two holes directly behind it. They're a bit awkward to get to, but use a phillips head to undo them. You might need to turn the steering wheel to get the best angle. Then once those two screws become loose. You can gently pry them and they should fall out.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Hi Mate,

Just wondering how you went with changing the steering silver surround? I have got the exact same problem. Looking to take out the part next weekend and respray it.

I am just concerned about the airbag. Is there anything I should specifically lookout for to a avoid messing up the airbag ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet
    I've resprayed both control panels on the steering wheel, It takes time.

When I took them out you also have to disconnect the wiring going to it from a clip, not easy to get to but If I did.. it's possible.

The starting point is taking out the screws from the back then disconnecting the wiring and then having to pull out the controls on a angle because it wont come straight off. It seemed as if the plastic cover for the steering wheel should be taken off but it was still possible.

Goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    I didn't get a chance to take a crack at this on the weekend unfortunately. I can't see it interfering with the airbags though.

My main issue is going to be getting the colour match correct I reckon, will hopefully be able to find an aluminum-like colour and then some clear overcoat to seal it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet
    you should sand back the original paint then prime it before putting a new coat of paint on.