Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    autobahn is concept paint 100% lol. its cheap paint that i dont like. if you've got rough marks in your bar just 800 wet. make sure you give it a very good detailed rub.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    write you details how to do it later. busy atm

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    autobahn is concept paint 100% lol. its cheap paint that i dont like. if you've got rough marks in your bar just 800 wet. make sure you give it a very good detailed rub.
    Aww well i'll see how the paint goes after i do my guards. But yeah i'll also give my bar a wet sand back to 800. Should i primer or just spray the green paint ontop?
    Thanks for your fast response too

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    What you should have done
    Rub everything in 800 grit wet and paint.
    No primer no extra adhesion promoter
    nothing needed

What you need to do now
    Assuming you have 2x guard in 120 grit and 1x bumper bar cover in 400 grit;
    Sand the rest of the guards in 120grit until you think its even and not ripply.
    Making sure you dont have any rough edges you can feel. The whole panel needs to be smooth edges.
    Hit that with 3 coats of primer filler mixing at 4:1 10% ratio. That means 4 parts primer 1 part harder and 10% thinners
    Let the paint flash off 10 minutes inbetween coats.
    Assuming you dont have an oven to bake your guards you'll need to let that rest for a day to dry.
    then rub it all back with 400 grit lightly then followed by a very detailed 800 grit rub.
    Then you need to clean your guard with wax and grease remover to get rid of silicone and grease on your panel.
    After that you can then paint!
    2-4 coats of colour 1:1 mixing ratio letting 5-10 minutes inbetween coats.
    then you got your clear 2 coats of it again 10 minutes inbetween coats. Leave that in a LOW dust area to dry.
    Done

For your Bumper bar cover just do the same thing from where i mentions 400 grit

GL!

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    What you should have done
    Rub everything in 800 grit wet and paint.
    No primer no extra adhesion promoter
    nothing needed

What you need to do now
    Assuming you have 2x guard in 120 grit and 1x bumper bar cover in 400 grit;
    Sand the rest of the guards in 120grit until you think its even and not ripply.
    Making sure you dont have any rough edges you can feel. The whole panel needs to be smooth edges.
    Hit that with 3 coats of primer filler mixing at 4:1 10% ratio. That means 4 parts primer 1 part harder and 10% thinners
    Let the paint flash off 10 minutes inbetween coats.
    Assuming you dont have an oven to bake your guards you'll need to let that rest for a day to dry.
    then rub it all back with 400 grit lightly then followed by a very detailed 800 grit rub.
    Then you need to clean your guard with wax and grease remover to get rid of silicone and grease on your panel.
    After that you can then paint!
    2-4 coats of colour 1:1 mixing ratio letting 5-10 minutes inbetween coats.
    then you got your clear 2 coats of it again 10 minutes inbetween coats. Leave that in a LOW dust area to dry.
    Done

For your Bumper bar cover just do the same thing from where i mentions 400 grit

GL!
    Alright thanks for the detailed write up man, i'm gonna give this a go this weekend if i'm not too busy since i got uni. I'd rep you if i could but i dunno how to lol

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    hes using acrylic chauwau, no hardener there
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    lol acrylic

~King Of Spam~