Hi guys, nearly 160,000kms and my 5th gen box is on the fritz, very hard shifting and slipping like crazy especially from 2 to 3. So I'm considering a manual swap. I am located down in NSW Sydney area. I gave Hannys a call and they recommended Good Performance down at Yennora.

They are offering a full standard conversion with everything supplied for around $3500 or a manual box with LSD, heavy duty clutch and lightened flywheel for about $4500. Also based on the forums, a rebuild or replacement of the auto would cost around 2-2500 and would surely fail again. I could repair the box and try sell the car but most likely wouldn't get much for it.

Just wondering what are your thoughts on those options and consider that i may or may not plan to do some more work to the car in the future which is pretty much based on the amount of cash i have lying around.

Any advice or if there are other mechanics around the Sydney area that i should look into for comparison would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys