signal indicator will not turn off after corner has been taken

going for my licence on friday, my signal does not turn off after i take a corner.. is my car not roadworthy? and would my car pass a pinkslip?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel fitted?
    OEM parts whore

nope stock wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    if your Signal/indicator stalk arms are working and releasing after the wheel has turned from a left/right turn then there could be a possibility that your turn signal flasher/relay coils are stuffed or getting stuck. Try replacing the flasher relay.

BUT if your signal stalk arm is not clicking after the turn then your indicator stalk arm needs replacing.
    RB1-ODC

I had an 1987 accord and i replaced the headlight comob switch a few times, now i am not saying that is the issue, but behind the wheel their is a disc/ring type thing that rotates with the wheel and on each end there is a tab this tab pushes the headlight/blinker stalk up or down.

I would harzard a guess something is wrong in this area.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Replace the complete indicator/stalk assembly. This will include also the wiper stalk and the centre bit that goes behind the steering wheel
    RB1-ODC