Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIN on DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz

VIN on DC2R

I took a 2000 ITR for a test drive today.

I noticed when I popped the bonnet that it had an import vin attached
    to the firewall.

The VIN starts with 6T9.

Any idea why it would have this vin?
    Last edited by rdster; 29-07-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Attached, not stamped?

JDM or audm? Could be import or mod plate related? Picture please.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    rebuild scheme from melbourne

6T9REP is a repairable write-off in VIC, imported shell under the rebuild scheme

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Attached, not stamped?

JDM or audm? Could be import or mod plate related? Picture please.
    The vin is on a strip of aluminium, attached next to the factory build plate.

It has the 260km/h speedo cluster, and the quad headlights, so I assume it's an AuDM.
    Last edited by rdster; 29-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    If it's a 6T9REP or REBU1L then it's a Vic "repairable write off" which means it could be a dodgy import.

Aussie car gets wrecked/written off

JDM parts brought in to "fix" the write off.

Old cars it was a case of submitting "fixed" car to Vic Roads (aka do nothing except switch seat belts and in more recent cars the speedo for odometer readings to match).

Instant "very grey" import.

It's how most JDM EFs got into the country (my old one included).

NSW RTA will not allow you to transfer rego to NSW (unless the system misses the numbers). Wrecking yards in NSW have occasionally received confiscated rebuilds that are to be cut up. I was lucky, I registered my EF before the system went digital.

There's also a chance it might be a stolen car that has been rebirthed via Vic or Qld - unlikely, but it's a practice that took place in the 90s and the loopholes are closing. REVs would miss it and the communication between different states re: VINs was non-existent.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I bought a 6T9REP vehicle recently and it's definitely an import but says its a DA5 and they never came in 4 door...

It was purchased cheap and more so for parts but I have gone through an ID check with TransportSA and they cleared it. Still need to go through roadworthy which I doubt will pass but just want to try and get it registered in SA ( still has Vic rego) for the hell of it!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    I bought a 6T9REP vehicle recently and it's definitely an import but says its a DA5 and they never came in 4 door...

It was purchased cheap and more so for parts but I have gone through an ID check with TransportSA and they cleared it. Still need to go through roadworthy which I doubt will pass but just want to try and get it registered in SA ( still has Vic rego) for the hell of it!
    I'm pretty sure most states except NSW allow repairable write-offs allow to be road registered.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by rdster View Post
    The VIN number is punched on a very long strip of aluminium, attached over the factory build plate.

It has the 260km/h speedo cluster, and the quad headlights, so I assume it's an ADM.
    could be from uk?
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Not worried about it being allowed registration from the VIN point of view, it's already cleared ID so that part is fine. More worried about the dented rear subframe, lack of door intrusion bars and all those little details...
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Then don't buy it.