Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R

Going for manual P's but no manual supervision.

Okay so in my family only my mum has a full license but she can only drive automatic, i'm confident I could pass a manuals test with a bit more practice, but will they allow me to go for the manuals test even though the cars that I drive in my log book are all automatic?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Okay so in my family only my mum has a full license but she can only drive automatic, i'm confident I could pass a manuals test with a bit more practice, but will they allow me to go for the manuals test even though the cars that I drive in my log book are all automatic?
    Things like this I don't even know anymore. Keep practicing manual, get a few manual lessons and your instructor will tell you when.

All in all. Practice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKO_OL View Post
    Things like this I don't even know anymore. Keep practicing manual, get a few manual lessons and your instructor will tell you when.

All in all. Practice.
    Alright thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    just keep on practicing and youll drive smoothly
    also remember to check all mirrors every 30 seconds I think
    also make sure the manual car is in rwc

bringing a driving instructor also helps
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

afaik:

they dont care what car you used in the logbook. if you bring a manual car to do the practical test and you do well. they'll give you a manual Ps license

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    If u do the test fine in manual u get a licance with no condition, on the logbook doesn't state if the car is auto or manual anyway.
    pass in a auto car and u get a big fat A on your licance.
    Last edited by Johnie; 01-10-2012 at 11:36 PM.

put your ebay obey cap over gearknob when pulled over
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    As people above have said, it doesn't matter if you have been using a manual or auto car to practise. If you can pass the manual test then you'll get a manual license. As long as you can do the whole test without stalling the car, then the manual side is all down. You won't fail the test by being a bit bumpy (unless it's chronic). If you're lucky you might sit for 5 minutes in traffic while you wait for a train to pass (used up 5 minutes of my test hahaha).

pls for gods sake dont heel toe and rev-match your downshifts

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr0wbar View Post
    As people above have said, it doesn't matter if you have been using a manual or auto car to practise. If you can pass the manual test then you'll get a manual license. As long as you can do the whole test without stalling the car, then the manual side is all down. You won't fail the test by being a bit bumpy (unless it's chronic). If you're lucky you might sit for 5 minutes in traffic while you wait for a train to pass (used up 5 minutes of my test hahaha).
    Back when I did my test, every stall was counted as a critical error. That means that assuming you don't make any other critical errors (failing to head check etc), you can stall once per section. You could stall once in the slow section at the start, then once again in the second section and still pass the test.

Even being rough the whole time shouldn't be a failable offence. I had been driving my DA9, and took the test in my instructor's Pulsar N16 after not driving that car for about a month so my shifts were pretty rough. Only consequence to that was the feedback sheet at the end said my shifting needed work, lol.

curious, if u had a button clutch and light flywheel, would a 3k blip to move off from standstill be classified as a failable offence?