Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wru View Post
    Last I heard Bisimoto was holding that record.
    Might want to just check up on that but I'm pretty sure he set it using a H2D setup.
    he means australia lol

online performance holds the record with a h22a CRX i think it is, might be a H2B setup record is like
    10.8 or something

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    isn't that an orange crx and turboed?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    And its hardly a real car either..

Account Disabled Array
    Page 1 Update

Update: 16/8/2012

With only a month away from Jamboree 2012, we are back in the drag car to get it ready for the event. With unforseen circumstances (we wont get into details yet), the engine was remove last thursday and refitted on Monday. We made some slight changes to the intake, with a velocity stack now situated outside the front bar. Yanks beat i would pick up 2-3mph and i guess they are the expertise when it comes to drag racing. Let me tell you they were right!.

1st run
    It was a nice and easy run 1st run to make sure everything was right before we rev this little 4 clylinder to 8800rpms. With a slight mis-shift, the car ran a 11.2@122mph. The team was quite confident this will be the night for 10's

2nd run
    With an increase of the launch control, we got into the 1.5 60ft range and with clean shifting, we achieve our target of 10.9@123.8mph. The car and engine felt strong and the MPH translate this feeling. A quick word by the Andra officials with our 10sec pass meant we will need a compliant roll cage, full race suit and upgrad licence to run in the 10sec barrier.

3rd run
    We sat out for the next 2 hour of the night so we can get one more run in before we get kicked out. During this time, we had alot of people come up and check out the car. Alot of people cant believe its still naturally aspirated and the simplicity of the engine combination. We also had a mysterious electrical issue that occurred out of no where. After 30mins of diagnosis, the problem lied in the grounding of the battery. Not sure why the original ground wire failed, but a new ground cable was quickly made up so we can get out there for one final run.

With cooler track temps and lower tyre pressures, we cut a new 60ft pb of 1.569 and a mid track MPH pb of 99.6mph and 1/8 time of 6.984. This track data is quicker than a 10.9 run. With a mis-shift to 5th, we shut it off and roll across the line with a 11.4@94mph

Our next major event for the drag car is jamboree in September. We cant wait for it! To top of the good night for the BYP team, Jimmy scored $200 for the second quickest reaction time in the other civic.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Holy shit! That's insane

Well done

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    Well done guys, Awesome times from such a simple setup.

What weight is the car, looking forward to seeing this at jamboree.
    1993 dc2 integra 450kw@wheels
    10.08@146.57mph

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    Car weight - 748.5kg without driver
    Built - BYPTuned - BYP

can find Benny and team on Facebook
    click here
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    dam only if it did'nt miss shift on the last run for sure it would have been like 10.8 or even a 7

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    great work guys

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    god damn! clean time.
    extremely light too.
    good stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Drag Cars
    Wow congrats boys, i was just on here for the first time in a long time and saw this thread.. i didnt even realise my little H22a still held the record after all those years lol.. car is looking good, what times are you hoping from it? Jim
    PRO FWD 9.07@161.48 FWD.. 04
    ALLMOTOR 10.83@123.23 NA FWD 05

Account Disabled Array
    Thanks Jim. I guess that 10.8 is a hard time to chase down We are slowly getting there with this motor. Would be good to see you guys out there again at the drags

Your 10.8 is the benchmark, so we'll take one step at a time