Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S

both low beam headlights not working, need help DC5 S

Hey guys,
    need massive help. My low beams stopped working when i turned the car on a few nights ago. all other lights are working fine.
    All fuses appear to be fine (in fuse box - labelled "L and R headlight")
    Unsure about both bulbs going at once, because my R sight headlight was replaced after a crash last year. I did have a look at the bulb, the filament was intact,however the bulb was a dark blue gassy colour around the filament (not sure what this mean)

Also checked the plug on the actual stalk for the headlights, and it seemed to be fine.

really not sure what is going on, any help would be appreciated

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    usually when a fuse is blown u can see it, but if all else fails test the with a multimeter to be dead sure.

try pulling out the lights and then give the bulb i lil flick if the fillament rattles or shakes then its busted. another thing thats not always determinable by eye.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Just replace the fuse even though it may appear that it's not blown as something similar happened to me and changing the fuse fixed it

Also try out another bulb just incase

Or you can take it to an auto electrician?
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    thanks for the replies. Have tried changing the fuses to no avail. As well as flicking the bulb, and no rattle...

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    open up the steering column and where the stalk is just plug a multimeter into the back of the plug to try get to the wires and then determine if the switch is working by flicking it over probably could flick it on and then just plug one lead into all the wires (whilst the other is on a ground) until u find two that read 12V (one will read 12V for headlights and another will be for park lights). then check which one is the low beam by power of deduction (ie turn them to just park and see which one went back to 0v that will be the low beam wire.)

if none of the wires responded after flicking low beams on then the switch is knackered, i think.
    atleast thats how it was in my mates car

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    get a multi meter or test light and test the headlight connector for voltage when the low beams are on. Do your High beam lights work ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    i feel like a massive boofhead, but discovered the L side one was actually broken (only slightly so i didnt notice before until i brought out the maginfying glass this time)
    hopefully it broke some circuit that also caused the other side to not work....