Fitv & Iacv removal

Hey all,

soo here's the questions my iacv and fitv are shot and i really cbf putting them back in so my mates is going to cnc me some block of plates for both, so by getting rid of the iacv does this throw a code? if soo will i have performance issues with this code present?

cheers Jacob

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I don't think the car will even run without the IACV?

What's wrong with them to begin with?

IMO just upgrade to ITR IM

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I don't think the car will even run without the IACV?

What's wrong with them to begin with?

IMO just upgrade to ITR IM
    the car will run providing no air leaks behind the butterfly and adjust the idle via the air bypass screw
    but the motor will stall or idle low when the butterfly snaps shut as it is the iacv that opens to balance air flow
    the fast idle valve is just a night mare i just replace them with an obd 2 t/b
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by SU-WOOP View Post
    the car will run providing no air leaks behind the butterfly and adjust the idle via the air bypass screw
    but the motor will stall or idle low when the butterfly snaps shut as it is the iacv that opens to balance air flow
    the fast idle valve is just a night mare i just replace them with an obd 2 t/b
    cheers man yeah im going to get a fitv block off and just buy another iacv i found one for 40 bucks