Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Smoke...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S

White Smoke...

Hey guys!!

Just recently got a 97 integra gsi. Was fine up until a few days ago where i noticed that everyday when i start the car, A LOT of white smoke would come out of the exhaust....
    If i left it idle for about 15- 20 minutes it would go away or if i drove it for a few minutes it would go away also.... But i tend not to drive it just incase something does happen...

Any idea what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Condensation ?

Could be head gasket check your dipstick and see if the oil is
    Milky
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Its been pretty cold, most likely its just normal exhaust fumes that you can only see when its only cold outside.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Condensation ?

Could be head gasket check your dipstick and see if the oil is
    Milky
    I actually just did a service yesterday changing engine oil and filter because i thought it would be the issue.. problem is still there
    And i checked before hand, the oil was not milky at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    Its been pretty cold, most likely its just normal exhaust fumes that you can only see when its only cold outside.
    I dont think so because it was fine up until two days ago and its been just as cold for the past few days...

The smoke is CRAZY, not just small puffs of smoke. Its just large amount of smokes like a house would be on fire haha
    Last edited by eLtrix; 21-07-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    sounds like condensation to me.

check your radiator cap/coolant and over flow and see what it looks like.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    What should I be looking for on the radiator cap? And what's the over flow?? Pretty new to this stuff. I checked my radiator cap and it's all nice and green

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    its not condensation i had this same problem car should be okay to drive but might be on its way out my engine is being rebuilt at the moment

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Not what I want to hear... it smokes every.morning on start up even on idle. Then when the temperate gauge goes up to the averagenpoaition smoked stops. And when I start the car again a few hours later. There's only.minimal smoke and mostly if not completely disappears when it warms up. Only really happens in the morning. Engine has only done 220kkms

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    yeh exactly same thing was happening to me but i was burning oil as well so not exactly sure what was the eventual cause it also may be stem seals and guides?

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Take vid of smoke in idle and youtube link it.

Hows the temp gauge? Fluctuating up and down? Check the coolant reserve and see if u got any oily residue or a milky colour..
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Ill make a vid tmr morning if i get the chance to cause i have work...

Temp gauge does not fluctuate at all, it just steadily rises to just under half way and stays there.
    I checked the collant reserve, nothing milky or anything. Just pure green. even checked the coolant bottle, its definitely not leaking or anything as levels has been the since for past 2 days that ive been monitoring it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Well Hondas are designed to run rich on startup, does the fumes smell?
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.