Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: White Smoke...

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Mayb you've got a blown oil spark plug/cam seal.

Causing it to burn and blow white smoke..
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    So many different opinions. What do

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    So many different opinions. What do
    Check ur spark plugs ad see if its dark and oily.. If it is then you need to change the spark plug oil seals x 4. This should stop the white smoke.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    a solution that will answer your question as to whether its worn and burning oil or not:

go to a shop that has a leakdown tester and have a leakdown test done.

then you should get your answer. you'll pretty much just get guess after guess on forums until you either do some testing or get someone else to do some testing.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    a solution that will answer your question as to whether its worn and burning oil or not:

go to a shop that has a leakdown tester and have a leakdown test done.

then you should get your answer. you'll pretty much just get guess after guess on forums until you either do some testing or get someone else to do some testing.
    Exactly. Until you actually take it somewhere and test it, it's purely speculation, and you're going to have tons of different views.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Yup - diagnosing via internet is guesswork and is like checking the net for a medical diagnosis - the only real answer is going to be from the guy that slips on the rubber glove and does some probing.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Cool ill snoop around in my local area if anyone does it....
    Any recommendations as to a spot i should go to? Im in S.E Burbs

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    So i made some phone calls in my local area and sadly not one could do a compression test....

But i've had some input on several occassions that it most likely is the valve stem seal, due to the fact that "it only smokes on start and doesnt smoke when the engine has warmed up"

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pressure test. Get one done at a radiator joint. They can also do a litmus test on your coolant to see if it has carbon emissions in it which aren't always visible to the eye.

Compression test should be manageable at any shop lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Pressure test. Get one done at a radiator joint. They can also do a litmus test on your coolant to see if it has carbon emissions in it which aren't always visible to the eye.

Compression test should be manageable at any shop lol.
    Youd like to think that.. but the asians around here are hopeless... damn springvale, i asked if they could do it and they didnt have a clue LOL. Not sure where else to look, pretty hopeless with this shit

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Drive to Nunawading. Straight down Springvale road. Find a place called Mideast Radiators near Maroondah highway.

If you want I'll meet up with you and take you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    So i made some phone calls in my local area and sadly not one could do a compression test....

But i've had some input on several occassions that it most likely is the valve stem seal, due to the fact that "it only smokes on start and doesnt smoke when the engine has warmed up"
    make sure you get a leakdown test, a compression test is no replacement for a leakdown. compression test will give you an idea as to whether its sealing reasonably ok, but the leakdown will actually tell you how much is getting out and where.

normally the symptoms for bad valve seals will be smoke at high RPM and under load, does not completely go away when warmed up. valve guides is another culprit in B series but don't jump to conclusions until you can prove what's causing it.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015