Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: White Smoke...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    I personally dont think it is oil leaking because sometimes it puffs a lot and sometimes it doesnt especially since it aint blueish white smoke
    Last edited by eLtrix; 22-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Ahh okay i know what that is, Im pretty new to this stuff, this teg is basically my first car. Planning to work on it and maybe do a engine swap later on...

FIrst i need to find a jack that can get under my car... its so ****ing low haha
    In the meantime, head over to Super Cheap Auto/Repco and get yourself some car ramps for about $50-$70... It'll make it easy to do oil changes to
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    So here's the link of my exhaust going at it: http://youtu.be/TI-i0q7RBnQ

dunno why theres black bars on the side....

Looking at the video it would appear that its bluish smoke? but in real life sure doesnt seem that way.... but it may be in fact blue smoke, im no pro.

SO what do you guys think it is?? Kind of weird for it to be blue smoke considering the smoke does go away, though i do smell some of the fumes still while driving

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jase89 View Post
    My brother's pulsar has the same issue with smoking in the morning, Its not condensation i tell ya. It blow heaps of white smoke in some mornings that it goes into the next door neighbours yard. I did some research and apparently White smoke in the morning is caused by oil leaking into the combustion chamber overnight. His oil is not milky aswell as its fine, so is the coolant.

So we concluded that the engine is worn out seen better days and it needs to be rebuilt. For now, we use thicker oil and that seems to help abit. It DOES go away after its warmed up. Although I'm not sure if you got the same situation.
    Worn out? must have been thrashed.

i dont see how normal driving accompanied with regular maintenance can lead to such drastic wear unless the engine was extremely unreliable in the first place and was built with mud and play-do.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Have you had a pressure test done? Blown head gaskets don't always mess up you oil but can burn out a little coolant.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Nope. Haven't done a pressure test yet. Wouldn't know where to begin with that. Though my coolant level is just about the same every morning

Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post

Any idea what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    It's winter...

Haven't you seen other cars around your area blow white smoke in the morning? It's just steam/condensation in the exhaust system.

And you shouldn't idle for 20 mins. Start, do whatever you need to do for 30secs-1min then drive gently for 5-10mins.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    It's winter...

Haven't you seen other cars around your area blow white smoke in the morning? It's just steam/condensation in the exhaust system.

And you shouldn't idle for 20 mins. Start, do whatever you need to do for 30secs-1min then drive gently for 5-10mins.
    Yeah I have seen white smoke from a cold day on a lot of cars. But I do not see cars which puff so much smoke on a winter day that it would fly over my fence and cover their back yard completely

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Do a pressure check on the radiator. If it's your headgasket, and you're driving it like that, you could be in for more than just a headgasket replacement... you could blow your radiator and some other bad things.
    As said by somebody else, headgasket doesn't always mean water to oil, it can also be oil to engine and water to engine.

Get that checked out, if it's headgasket, bad luck.

Monitor your oil and coolant overflow levels over 1000km or so.

Then see if you've lost a significant amount of anything...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Been monitoring it. And I'm not losing anything. My temperature gauge doesn't fluctuate either. List stays in that spot just. Under tar half way mark