Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    I beleive that Dongfeng Hondas goal with the Spirior was 20 000 units per year,which is what they have been selling over the past 3 years.

Its volime seller is the normal Accord,and the Spirior is the flagship of the range
    DongFeng dont make the accord, Gaungqi makes accord, they are 2 different companies/joint ventures.

Kinda hard to sell the Spriors when they cost more than a top of the ling Skoda Superb (2.0 TSI) and top spec Pegeot 508, and cost more the current generation Passat.... it aint gonna sale a whole lot.

Common Complaints againes the Spiror are (taken off Xcar.com.cn):
    *Average build quality, large panel gaps
    *Tight rear seat space
    *Engine/Tyre NVH issues

The tight rear seat space is a vital shortcoming in a country when every one makes Long-wheel-base cars (even Long wheel base A4's).
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-07-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Yes,I know Honda have 2 partnerships in China,but Honda is Honda.

Its amazing that Dongfeng Honda could not re ingeneer the Spiriors back seat,to get more legroom,as the actual seat is very comfy as it is massive,but surely could be shortened a bit ?

The problem with the Spirior is similar to that faced by the Acura TSX - it's priced like a premium car with some fancy bits thrown in, but it's actually just a fancier Accord. A US-model Accord in China costs a lot less than the Spirior even with the same drivetrain, so most people would rather get that and enjoy more room inside. The Spirior is neither here nor there... the FWD drivetrain and Accord-based interior dampen its premium ambitions, yet the standard features and pricing put it above typical saloons.

The Audi A4L, VW Passat variants and even the huge Ford Mondeo sell loads here because of the extended rear seats, whereas premium midsize saloons with cramped rears like the BMW 3-series and Merc C-class are pretty rare. BMW say they'll introduce an extended 3-series to compete in this segment soon. Larger saloons like the 5-series, E-class and A6L are a lot more expensive and not as popular.

The Spirior's engine and transmission are a bit old-school compared to TSI/DSG-equipped Skodas and VWs but I do see the point about reliability. A K24 and a slushbox auto are a lot easier to fix. It's also a good thing that the Spirior looks good and handles well

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    honda needs a SPIRIOR L in china LOL
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

That's called an Accord And they sell boatloads of 'em here.

No, they don't need to make the Spirior any bigger, in fact they should make it lighter like the old CL9. Some people want big luxo-barges and others want smaller cars to throw around. Overall the Spirior just has a nicer, more premium feel compared to the Accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    But dont fotget that the Acura TSX has been a great seller for Honda,as it is priced just under BMW 3 series,Merc C class,Audi A4,Lexus IS,and outsells them all.
    Maybee the CU2 has done so well in Australia,as it sells against Mazda 6,VW Jetta/Passat,Hyundai i45,Kia Optima,Toyota Camry,Suzuki Kizashi,Ford Mondeo,and they are all fairly similar

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Honda has gone backwards, and is continuing to do so. There's no arguing about it. I read the review on the latest Civic, people are saying that it's good value, but that's about it. It's interior quality, ride and handling, engine etc is still stuck in 2006, over half a decade behind class leaders like Golf, Focus and Mazda 3. And I agree, have you sat in one? Hard cheap plastics everywhere, doesn't feel at all any improvement over the 2006 model. In a time when all the growning car manufacturers are pushing quality, because that's what aussies want (take VAG for example, for the Golf in Aus, they give us the premium interior near Audi standards, but for the US, they put the cheaper Skoda spec stuff in it). It's stupid. I mean look at Hyundai and VW, their sales grow year on year because they keep pushing quality. Look at Honda and Holden, their pushing value for money, pushing out shitboxes like the Barina which is a rebadged daewoo. Problem is, they'll never match a chinese brand like Great Wall or even incoming indian brands, for value. And no one looks at Honda for a cheap budget car. I've no idea what's going on in the heads of the heads of Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    But dont fotget that the Acura TSX has been a great seller for Honda,as it is priced just under BMW 3 series,Merc C class,Audi A4,Lexus IS,and outsells them all.
    Maybee the CU2 has done so well in Australia,as it sells against Mazda 6,VW Jetta/Passat,Hyundai i45,Kia Optima,Toyota Camry,Suzuki Kizashi,Ford Mondeo,and they are all fairly similar
    TSX had been a great seller by cannibalizing Acura TL sales, especially since CU2 came out. I mean just lookin at the TL sales figure since 2009....
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I beleive the TL and TSX might merge into one model ,so this would be the next Euro.

It will be called the TLX.

As far as global sales go,Honda are on track for selling a record 4.3 million new Honda and Acura cars worldwide this year,according to Automotive news USA today.

It's the ILX that's disappointing - the same 2.4, the same 5-speed auto, when they could've gone a bit more premium and at least use a 6-speed torque converter or CVT auto. I have no complaints on the CU2/Spirior's build quality especially as it's a locally assembled model in China. The panel gaps are tight, there's no creaking even with all the bombed-out roads, and the interior soft touch plastics and leather are top notch. Some of the hard plastics do feel a bit cheap but I guess that's the price for being cheaper than a 3-series. VW interiors are dull as hell, Ford's and Buick's look like they were shot out of a shotgun, I think only Honda and Alfa make nice interiors that don't cost a fortune... sporty, driver oriented and ergonomic.

Tell ya what though, I think the CRZ is brilliant Small, light and with a perky and economical hybrid powertrain, it's the kind of car Honda should be making throughout its entire lineup.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by redseven View Post
    It's the ILX that's disappointing - the same 2.4, the same 5-speed auto, when they could've gone a bit more premium and at least use a 6-speed torque converter or CVT auto. I have no complaints on the CU2/Spirior's build quality especially as it's a locally assembled model in China. The panel gaps are tight, there's no creaking even with all the bombed-out roads, and the interior soft touch plastics and leather are top notch. Some of the hard plastics do feel a bit cheap but I guess that's the price for being cheaper than a 3-series. VW interiors are dull as hell, Ford's and Buick's look like they were shot out of a shotgun, I think only Honda and Alfa make nice interiors that don't cost a fortune... sporty, driver oriented and ergonomic.

Tell ya what though, I think the CRZ is brilliant Small, light and with a perky and economical hybrid powertrain, it's the kind of car Honda should be making throughout its entire lineup.
    CRZ? dear God No...

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    The CRZ has been the biggest flop locally,have NEVER seen one in the roads,and I love in car crazy Melbourne...

Insight not much better...