Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux M06

Accessories belt/tensioner change and cost?

Hi guys, i've just bought a 2005 accord euro, not sure if previous owners ever had the accessories belt changed as I didn't notice it in the log book. The belt looks fine to me (no cracks, pretty firm) but the tensioner indicator is already lying on the edge of the 'proper range' as illustrated in the user manual. The manual says if the indicator is out of the range, the belt is due for a change. So should I have it changed in the upcoming 100k service?

Also how much would it usually cost for a belt and tensioner change? I got a quote from Scotts Honda for $630 which seems quite expensive lol

I'm living in Rhodes 2138, any suggestions for a good & reasonable priced honda mechanic/service centre nearby?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated =) Thanks!

if you dont mind driving a bit go to good performance in yennora they are good and reasonable price

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Consider grabbing an aftermarket chain and tensioner while you're at it, there are a few that are a lot better than OEM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    I did my belt and tensioner on my CL9 a while back - sourced OEM parts through oemacuraparts.com.

Belt was ~$35, Tensioner ~$90, shipping was ~$50. Couldn't be bothered doing it myself so got the local mechanic to swap it over - 1 hour labour at $80. Whole exercise only cost ~$255, which I recall was less than what Honda was asking for the tensioner alone!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Get the belt from a shop. I paid $70 for the belt. Stock is 7PK1760, but I find that the aftermarket ones do stretch a little after a year. So now I use a 7PK1750 and it is all sweet!

Installing it is easy, just need to jack the driver front corner, remove the wheel and route the belt through. Worth putting the car on jack stands as it is safer. I also have a spare tensioner, currently keeping it in case my tensioner starts rattling.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux M06
    thanks for all the replies guys! much appreciated! i'm just not sure if it needs a replacement, as from what i can see the belt is still in a pretty good shape, the only problem is the indicator on the tensioner is sitting about half a millimetre out of the 'proper range', will let my mechanic check for it

Quote Originally Posted by vincentljb View Post

I'm living in Rhodes 2138, any suggestions for a good & reasonable priced honda mechanic/service centre nearby?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated =) Thanks!
    These 2 mobs are the best mechs Ive been too.

Bert's Auto
    9 Marquet St

BG Auto
    87 Church St
    RYDE, NSW, 2112

Never AGAIN will I go to MIDAS or ULTRATUNE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux M06
    Thanks for the info =) Bert's Auto is actually quite near my place so I might pay them a visit sometime.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    which side is the long mark and short one? thanks

EDIT: NM, the ans was soo obvious.
    Last edited by roony; 28-07-2012 at 11:22 PM.