Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R

2 or 2.25 inch piping?HELP!!!

hi guys..as im sending my car in to genie exhaust tmr...im still nt sure whether i should go for 2inch or 2.25inch for a axle back exhaust system...im driving a 97 civic coupe vti...

am looking for more throttle response and power at low to med rpm range....im told that if i wan more power at high rev...wld have to go for 2.25inch....

some people goes for 2inch and midway thru the piping increase to 2.25inch..is it advisable?wat benefits does this combination gives?
    HELP!!
    Last edited by vteccoupe; 09-03-2005 at 07:02 PM.
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

best setup for your car IMO , would be a 2inch mandrel bent system , from the cat back.

Gives the most response and best overall for sub-2l cars.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 - VTiR
    2 inch

Member Array
    Car:
    1991 Integra LS
    2 inch for minimal sacrifice of low end power and 2.25 inch for more higher end power and some low end power loss. Depends what you would rather have. IMO 2inch because low end power is more frequently utilized during everyday driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPlaya
    2 inch for minimal sacrifice of low end power and 2.25 inch for more higher end power and some low end power loss. Depends what you would rather have. IMO 2inch because low end power is more frequently utilized during everyday driving.
    I agree.

Personally id rather sacrifice POTENTIAL top end ( as you will be gaining top end from incarese exhaust diameter) and have an increase in low/mod and high, focusing on low, than a potential decrease in low but increase in top. hope i made sense there =]
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

I'd say 2.25" mandrel. Most japanese cat backs (eg Mugen) are something around 2.385"

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPlaya
    so if going for a hybrid..like 2inch linking to 2.25inch...is dat a good compromise?
    I my Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros
    I'd say 2.25" mandrel. Most japanese cat backs (eg Mugen) are something around 2.385"
    woah...2.38 is pretty bold for a NA motor
    I my Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    ekhatch
    yeah... with 2.25' you loose low end power/response.... 2' does the trick nicely....

but 2.25 gives u more noise

Quote Originally Posted by vteccoupe
    woah...2.38 is pretty bold for a NA motor
    AFAIK , that is the internal measured diameter ( of the pipe) ...outside is a more general 60mm or so ? ( that seems to be a generally used JDM numerical reference...)

anyway i think it has been answered go for the 2inch

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    wat about twin exhuast?
    so it would be 2" split into two 1" pipes with a 1" inlet muffler exit 3" .

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    a stock car should stick to stock exhaust specs...

if you are modifying a NA car - i wouldn't go larger than 2.25inch. This gives you options to later put some Cams or more engine work. At least that way you give yourself room to move. Otherwise if you get the 2inch and you modify the engine down the track - you're loosing money.

I got a 2.5inch put on my car - without knowing much about exhausts... and now im going back to 2.25 because i think im not getting enouh back pressure and loosing power all through the power curve. Especially that my extractors are only 2.25 gives an indication that the rest is a bit tooo big.

So figure out where you wanna go with the engine and save money by thinking ahead a little bit.

thats my 2 cents
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A