Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    year and a half ago

either they changed the laws or you got shafted...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    The biggest problem with the RTA in NSW is that every one of the employees interprets the laws differently - so if you go to another RTA you will more than likely have success...
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    year and a half ago

either they changed the laws or you got shafted...
    if you had a look at the link i posted, they're obviously the new laws... like i said, i did an engine conversion 2 years ago and had no problems.

@senna ill give it a go, i doubt the mechanic will hand over the blue slip though, if he does ill just head on over to the rta counter, kiss ass to the old lady behind that counter and pray she likes me, haha !

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    dude its not up to the rta at all anymore, the blueslipper registers the change thru online site... the problem is with your blueslipper not the rta..

obviously they were not sure so they called up rta or whatever and some retard has said this crap...

go to a mechanic that knows his shit, youll be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    That's generally what works - the people working there cop abuse all day, so if you are nice they generally sort it out for you.

Worked well for me when i worked for a dealer and we needed a rego done quickly...lol
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Like what every1 has said, go to another blueslipper dude and go from there. Someone who knows their stuff.

Ison Industries in blacktown and ask for james, tell em Marv sent ya.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    if you had a look at the link i posted, they're obviously the new laws... like i said, i did an engine conversion 2 years ago and had no problems.
    Obviously? How can it obviously be the new law when that article was published in April 2005 and last revised November 2007? And both you and I registered our engines after this date.

It has always been this law.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    In melb when I hand back a b swapped civic to a customer, I tell them to let vicroads know the the b series is a factory option in japan. I have not had a customer come back so far telling me they need a vass engineers certificate. I recommemd giving this a try if all else fails
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    thanks for the help guys, ill give it a crack, if all else fails, looks like its an engineers cert after all. will keep you posted.
    sorry for the misunderstanding dorikin.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    I had a Eunos 30X had a 1.8L in it I put a 2.5L in it went to blue slip got engine number changed and took it to RTA no dramas I think you should just go to a Blue slip place and get the numbers changed over if you are in Sydney I have a mate that does Blue Slips that I can hook you up with his pretty easy going and wont really look at your car just your receipts and check the numbers thats it then head to the RTA and you are done

Hope this helps

the Blue Slip guy is located in Campbelltown just send me a PM and ill shoot you back his details
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    thanks meniss, but how long ago was it that you did this?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    Did you get a blue slip to change engine numbers before you went to RTA.

Just PM me and Ill send you to my mate for a blue slip and take it to RTA and you will be sweet
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper