Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    thanks meniss, but how long ago was it that you did this?
    I done it last year
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by MEN15S View Post
    Did you get a blue slip to change engine numbers before you went to RTA.

Just PM me and Ill send you to my mate for a blue slip and take it to RTA and you will be sweet
    How is it possible to go from 1.8L to 2.5L...... mechanic wouldnt be able to update it on the system
    as it wont go thru requiring a engineer's.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    How is it possible to go from 1.8L to 2.5L...... mechanic wouldnt be able to update it on the system
    as it wont go thru requiring a engineer's.
    I dont know what Is involved but I just told him I changed the motor and need the engine number changed and it was done no problems
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    Just take your valid blue slip with the new engine no on the slip and bring proof of purchase for the engine and take all this to the rta and rego the fcker.

You'd be ok, just dont ask any questions and be friendly.. Most of these cs operators dunno shit bout cars.

If they ask why u change engine, just say old one had its life.

Let us knw how u go...
    this is the idea to have when going to the rta, but i believe they have changed the laws, had a call the other day about this same issue. they are taking stock power outputs into consideration now so gone are the days of b16 and 18 conversions with a blue slip. because of the massive influx of conversions with p plater laws and just vtec awesomeness they have cracked down and if you are still able to get them done it will only be because of an oversight of the rta and pure luck
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Yes the laws have changed and you can thank the Middle Eastern rebirthing industry and crooked RTA personnel for the crack down.

It's not all politically motivated but that's the basis of it.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    ^ lol and that
    It's only $500-600 for a engineers report anyway, but as this is the case you are probably better off going for a stock k swap unless ur building or boosting your b
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Yeah they're doing this in Tas as well now, more than a certain increase in power over stock (can't remember the exact %) and you need an engineers cert. Seems dumb to me, its not like its a swap where anything could go wrong (unless you're full retard I guess). No mods needed. Its hardly any different to putting a replacement D series in, which doesn't require engineering.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    i f#%king sick of these new rta laws and shit i cant do what i want! without them sticking there noses in my engine bay > my dream was a b18/k20 ek but now seeing how hard it is i just fuccckking give up >
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    This is why alot of kswap/bswap/hswap cars without engineers are being sold quickly just when theyve just done the conversions.
    RB1-ODC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    This is why alot of kswap/bswap/hswap cars without engineers are being sold quickly just when they've just done the conversions.
    I've been trying to point this out on here for some time now but people who don't know sh*t keep howling me down!

All you out there think you're getting a bargain but without the correct paperwork you got an expensive pile of nuts, bolts and sheetmetal.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    **** this hey!

I see b16s and b18s suddenly dropping in price because of this... No one will be bothered with swaps that need an engineers cert, ek4 might hold their prices a bit better as well as dc2rs and anything that used to be a downer for these engines...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    I've been trying to point this out on here for some time now but people who don't know sh*t keep howling me down!

All you out there think you're getting a bargain but without the correct paperwork you got an expensive pile of nuts, bolts and sheetmetal.

Peter
    this avatar really suits your posts
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC