Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: engine mounts

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R

engine mounts

hi

I was just checking my engine mounts and i have seen that the rear mount is moving side to side which moves the motor back not sure if this is normal even when i drive u can hear the mount rubbing on the subframe making a crappy noise.

so should i just replace the rear mount or replace all three? and what advice for taking out the rear mount

thanks

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Best case, I'd replace all of them, get it all out of the way. You've also got 2 torque mounts up front, so total of 5 mounts.

Worse case. If its just the rear that is screwed, just replace it. But 'make sure' all the other mounts are ok. Not sagging, no cracks, looking sound.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Inspect the other mounts and see if they need replacing.

Its cheap nowadays to buy a set of billet mounts and this way u have peace of mind knowing all mounts are new.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    do i have to replace the torque mounts if i change all three mounts?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    May aswell do all 3. The side mounts are the easiest, the rear mounts the worst to get to.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by sammutn90 View Post
    do i have to replace the torque mounts if i change all three mounts?
    Its wise and peace of mind if u do, otherwise if its still good just sikaflex it so its firm just like your new ones.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    yeah i was looking at my rear mount thinking of how the hell do i get to that mount haha?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Massive PITA to get to mate. I'd just consider the sikaflex option mentioned or the polyurethane. Have seen both used effectively in EF8's. I think the sikaflex would be easier and less likely to give you nasty vibrations.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    the vibrations doesnt worry me i only getting street use only not racing haha then my whole dashboard would fall apart :/

and is there any tips on that rear mount how to remove it

thanks

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Vibrations will piss you off on the street more mate, makes daily driving uncomfortable. Track isn't really a big deal, don't notice it.

Have you done your mounts Sammutn90 ? I just put Hasport 88a mounts in, the rear one was a bitch, You need to remove 2 19mm bolts from the undernearth of the car which hold an L shaped bracket onto the rear mount, then there is 2 17mm bolts one against the engine and the other thru the rear mount. then there are 3 bolts on the rear mount which hold it against the chassis, 2 against the fire wall, and 1 on the engine side. all these bolts are hard to get to. I suggest using a spanner for the 19mm ones and sockets with long extensions for the others. because my model has ABS it made it a little harder to get to that rear mount from the top. but what I did to help create some space was remove the side mounts and the small mount on the front underneath which holds onto the gear box so I could move the engine up and "rotate" it slightly to get in there. hardest part was aligning all the mounts again.

Its such a PITA but driving is so much better now, changing gears makes me wanna jizz now, and holding power around corners is smother.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    nah not yet man thanks for that addvice cannot wait untill i feel the differents in gear changing and power