Member Array
    Car:
    90Civic 3DHatch

Auto Problems HELP HELP HELP

The Car A 1990 3 door Honda Civic Automatic D15B4 Motor Not Sure what model the gear box is bit is the original One

Problem had a damaged main drive shaft oil seal I replaced that and added the right amount and type of Oil and it wont change gears. I can select 2nd manually but it wont auto select it just stays in 1st gear I checked the kick down cable and it is as it should be.

Please HELP HELP HELP

Update The Oil Is The One Recommended by 3 different company's
    Castrol TQD III

Latest Update
    I have tried cycling through the gears like is says in the manual still no change
    the gearbox is a L4 Automatic if anyone has one that works that you want to sell me let me know (Must be in good order and remember I am in Queensland (I will Pay For Shipping))
    Last edited by Auzziebiker; 04-08-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    what type of Fluid did you put back in

did you check the fluid level while the trans was hot and within 10 seconds of turning off the engine ? if so where on the dipstick is the oil level

did you have any slipping or gearchange issues befire replacing the seal ?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yeah needs to warm up and circulate through the transmission.

Start it and hold the brake,then select through each gear and leave it in each for a while like P N R D D2 etc.

Then back into D and let out the brake a little and see if it pushs once circulated

Member Array
    Car:
    90Civic 3DHatch

New Gearbox

New gearbox arrived at 8:30am today I will be fitting it next week and then I will be mobile Finnaly