Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro

Go for the Lux or Standard?

Ok, may sound like a stupid question but I can't decide which one to go for right now!

I want the lux because of things like the bigger wheels, HID headlights, heated seats and all, but I do like the cloth trim better than the leather.. Not because I don't like leather, but just because of the few Lux accords I've seen, the leather is not in great condition for a 2006 model car.

Future mods to the car would include:
    - I/H/E
    - Wheels
    - Coilovers

Am I just wasting money of the lux's or should I be looking at the standard?

Should I be modding a lux with those upgrades or does it seem pointless?

** I'm not modding it with the intention to beat people at red lights, just for personal preference.

At the moment there isn't many 2006+ models to choose from, so I'm at a dilema. Should I wait it out?
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    If you prefer the cloth,I also do by the way,and intend changing the alloys,get the standard model.

The only thing then missing will be the sunroof,not sure if that is an issue or not...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    If you prefer the cloth,I also do by the way,and intend changing the alloys,get the standard model.

The only thing then missing will be the sunroof,not sure if that is an issue or not...
    Oh man! Completely forgot about the sunroof!

That's a deal breaker for me... lol
    Well, sort of.

Is 18" rims a good size on the car or do 19's look nicer?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressCoffee View Post
    Is 18" rims a good size on the car or do 19's look nicer?
    I think the 18" would suit the CL9 more as it is a slim body but the 19" might look ricer.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    I had to make the same decision a couple of months ago and I decided to go with the standard because the one I found was immaculate with good owners and a good price. The leather seats in all the lux models I looked at looked really old, I find that the black cloth ages much better than the tan leather. I really hate the wood grain interior in the lux models too. I'm still happy with my car but sometimes I wish I did have a lux/nav model. They look better and you can spot the difference from quite far away. Heated seats would be nice in this weather, leather (if it's in good condition), HIDs (I reckon the HID washer covers look good too), nicer wheels, sunroof (not that I'd use it that much), fog lights etc.. It's just a better looking and more equipped car. If you're not in a rush and have the extra money I reckon you should see if you can find a lux in good condition and with black/grey leather. There's something about owning the base model that doesn't sit well with me also. I still love my car but those other things sometimes linger in the back of my mind, but that's me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    in my opinion, who just owned my lux cl9 less than 2 months, I can't be happier that I glad I bought the lux version. I love the sunroof, auto wiper, HID, heated seat, etc. & I was glad my black leather is still in good condition while the clock is a 1k km close to 100k km. I would suggest you to wait longer and looks for more in market. I was able to get mine in a good price too. The only issue i have with my car is just the driveshaft issue. I also think it is worthy to spend a bit more for lux version (since I think it's not a big price diff for a second hand car compared to current model)

considering you have money to even think of modding your car i'd go lux! they aren't really apart by a lot in terms of $! you'll regret it one day! you forgot electric seats and headlight washers (personal preference but its good to play around with!)

to fix the leather issue, buy recaros lol!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I bought my base model brand new, but I added stuff like foggies and reverse sensors from dealer. The things I've added to my car, being Foggies, HID's and 18" rims I felt like I wouldn't have needed to if I had the Lux (I actually like the 17s). Having said that, I hate leather, had it in the prelude. Super hot during summer, icy cold in the winter. Heated or not, if you're in a rush, then it won't have time to cool down. Only thing I'm missing now is the sun roof. If you could find one of those special edition tourers, then you'ld be win.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    get the lux and retrim the leather
    usually the back are still in good condition.. just retrim the front
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Nugget View Post
    I had to make the same decision a couple of months ago and I decided to go with the standard because the one I found was immaculate with good owners and a good price. The leather seats in all the lux models I looked at looked really old, I find that the black cloth ages much better than the tan leather. I really hate the wood grain interior in the lux models too. I'm still happy with my car but sometimes I wish I did have a lux/nav model. They look better and you can spot the difference from quite far away. Heated seats would be nice in this weather, leather (if it's in good condition), HIDs (I reckon the HID washer covers look good too), nicer wheels, sunroof (not that I'd use it that much), fog lights etc.. It's just a better looking and more equipped car. If you're not in a rush and have the extra money I reckon you should see if you can find a lux in good condition and with black/grey leather. There's something about owning the base model that doesn't sit well with me also. I still love my car but those other things sometimes linger in the back of my mind, but that's me.
    Thank you for your input! You really gave me a good perpective! I'm not really in a hurry, just anxious to get my hands on a Euro.

Guess I'll wait for a suitable Euro to come up for now..

Quote Originally Posted by supersaiyan View Post
    considering you have money to even think of modding your car i'd go lux! they aren't really apart by a lot in terms of $! you'll regret it one day! you forgot electric seats and headlight washers (personal preference but its good to play around with!)

to fix the leather issue, buy recaros lol!!
    Haha, money will always come with work.

I wish I could put recaros in but they'd look too off haha
    Plus then no electric seats

Quote Originally Posted by ryaan View Post
    get the lux and retrim the leather
    usually the back are still in good condition.. just retrim the front
    Aren't retrims fairly expensive? :/

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    My old man bought a standard 2010 model and after driving it I feel in love and traded my civic. How ever I ended up getting a lux. Some features I noticed which I have that he doesn't is that and I've got auto wipers and auto lights. How ever if he holds his unlock button on his keys his windows wind down before he gets in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    yup noticed my parents cu2 lux doesnt have that feature! when my standard 03 has it , hmmmmm