Honda making a lot of money - Hopefully Honda will turn around in OZ

I read where Honda has been dropping in OZ.

Hope they can use the new profits to turn it around.

TOKYO, Japan, July 31, 2012 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced its consolidated financial results for the fiscal first quarter ended June 30, 2012.

Consolidated net sales and other operating revenue for the fiscal first quarter (April 1, 2012 through June 30, 2012) amounted to 2,435.9 billion yen, an increase of 42.1% compared to the same period last year, primarily due to strong sales of new models in automobile business and an increase in revenue as a result of a recovery from the impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake.
    Last edited by wynode; 05-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Considering Honda Australia has lost a thrid of it's marketshare since 2006. and a volume loss of 25% in the previous financial year.

It's becoming rather stressful for Honda's large dealer network, mostly noteabily the collapse on one of the largest Honda dealer in Australia Rick Damelion going bankrupt earlier this year.

to turn around they need products in what now are very highly competitive market sectors.

Which I hope they'll start with some decent products... soon.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-08-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Need a new sports car. People clearly still want petrol-performance cars.

Just look at the FT86/BRZ...

and maybe even a proper luxury sedan.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    one of the salesman at work said theres a 18month waiting list on the ft86 atm

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I'm not surprised their making more money even with less sales. As far as I can tell, since the Quake, Honda has moved to cheap production and cut back on R&D. The cars that have come out recently haven't been much of an improvement on their predecessors, so instead of making sales, Honda has been cutting Operating cost, which is where the profits are coming from.

i honestly think the crz was a fail. even the ctr (didnt have the thrill the previous models did)

they need something to replace the s2000.
    the higher end jap sports car.

but at the same time need to make the crz just as appealing to buy over the 86/brz range.

imo that would help, especially with the younger crowd.

as for the luxury sedans, i have alot of respect for the accords and their doing quite well, for all types of buyers.
    .opleez.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Need a new sports car. People clearly still want petrol-performance cars.

Just look at the FT86/BRZ...
    CR-Z with a k20 in it. BAM
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Honestly if they just made a few more EF8's brand new I'd buy one lol.

CRZ so ugly!