Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    It should worry you man. . There will be a stream of oil. An oil leak can come from anywhere. Just cause there's no smoke doesnt mean the engine is A1. If your dead set on this teg get it looked at by a qualified mechanic.

My friend bought a R32 GTR. The seller said it was oin good nick. HOwever the oil pressure gauge was BELOW average. Seller said it was malfunctioning. He had a look around the engine bay. No oil leaks. BUT WHAT HE DIDNT KNOW was a sneaky bastard had cleaned it all up.

Couple days later spun a bearing. Couldnt afford rebuild. Sold it for peanuts.

It's a jungle out there my friend. Be very very careful.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Keep searching, inspect the car & don't rush to buy!
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    yeah i guess you guys are right thanks a lot for the help though. really appreciate it. im just really keen on buying a car i suppose. walking everywhere s**ks! im hoping to look at another one tomorrow and i hope thats the one. like u said, i know i wont be able to get a mechanically a1 car with my budget. just hope that it has minimal problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Whenever you get a change to jack it up and look under... take a good look at its chassis also!! MAKE SURE it is straight! I made this mistake myself buying my first car, I didn't jack it up and the chassis wasn't straight. It wouldn't of been a problem if the car did come with rego + rwc but it didnt... kind of stupid of me but live and learn. So make sure thats another thing to check! Hah

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY dont rush to buy a car! There's plenty out there, don't settle on a car you wont love just because you can buy it. It's gotta be just right, and you dont want to settle to find out that it wasn't taken care of and it will die on yah.
    NEVER SETTLE!! Your car will come in due time

I'd personally walk away from that car. The drama/stress is simply not worth it, and it could cost you more to fix it to drive it on the road than to buy a car thats already on the road
    Last edited by eLtrix; 02-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Whenever you get a change to jack it up and look under... take a good look at its chassis also!! MAKE SURE it is straight! I made this mistake myself buying my first car, I didn't jack it up and the chassis wasn't straight. It wouldn't of been a problem if the car did come with rego + rwc but it didnt... kind of stupid of me but live and learn. So make sure thats another thing to check! Hah

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY dont rush to buy a car! There's plenty out there, don't settle on a car you wont love just because you can buy it. It's gotta be just right, and you dont want to settle to find out that it wasn't taken care of and it will die on yah.
    NEVER SETTLE!! Your car will come in due time

I'd personally walk away from that car. The drama/stress is simply not worth it, and it could cost you more to fix it to drive it on the road than to buy a car thats already on the road

i also made a big mistake when i got my first car. i bought a eg sedan d15b4 motor and back then i really did not know anything about cars at all. so i took it for a drive and it felt nice and everything, but a few days later it started to smoke up like crazy and realised that my engine oil was getting low so it was obvious what the problem was. a few days after that, timing belt snapped on me so i had to get a new motor in and that cost me all up around $1300 plus labour. soon after, clutch was giving away after a few questions being asked here and there, so i took it to the mechanics and they checked my car out and i got told that i needed to replace my clutch, thurst bearing, all the brake pads and also did a some other stuff. anyways, i ended up paying more than what the car was worth and i finally sold it cause i was sick of it. plus the gearbox was going to need a replacement or a rebuild. :/ thanks alot on the info as well. really helped!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    ^ Exactly what happened to me. So well i sold my first car cause it had too much problems. Bought another car with rego+rwc. best decision of my life. Though im already looking for another car.. thats faster.. haha

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Also a good idea in when you are dead set on a car and seems all ok, quickly do a PPSR (formerly revscheck) and do a complete report history of the car. ($37).

This is for your peace of mind that you are not buying a car with finance owning on it and this report also tells you of any accident histories, # of owners, odometer history/rewinds, market and sale value/history etc

Worth the $37 incase you find out later when the debt collector knocks at your door taking your new baby away
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    Also a good idea in when you are dead set on a car and seems all ok, quickly do a PPSR (formerly revscheck) and do a complete report history of the car. ($37).

This is for your peace of mind that you are not buying a car with finance owning on it and this report also tells you of any accident histories, # of owners, odometer history/rewinds, market and sale value/history etc

Worth the $37 incase you find out later when the debt collector knocks at your door taking your new baby away

thanks mate i did that already on carsales. bought a car today but sadly it wasnt a vti-r. just a gsi. but im still stoked about it. didnt know that the b18b2 engines actually have a really good pick up. but im planning to drop in a b18c2 soon. for now im just going to save up and keep it as the way it is. the car had really minimal problems from the previous service history. it comes with the full log book and receipts for all the service it has done until last months. so now all i need to do is take it in to the mechanics and change the timing belt. anyone know how much b18c2's cost these days? cheers a lot guys. all of yous really helped a lot!!

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Congrats on your new ride.

Put a b18C or c7 ftw!

Fcuk b18c2 lol
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Congrats mate. B18b are still a blast to drive. I settled on a gsi myself though I wanted a vtir.. still good but I also planning on a swap. Hah. How much did you picked yours up for if you don't mind me asking

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thanks guys. i picked mine up for $5800 at the end. but the only thing that annoys me is the that the paint on the bonnet is a bit faded. :@ haha. but apart from that i love it!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    B18c2 goes for around 2k market value, prob better to upgrade to b18c or b18c7 or just buy a whole vti-r with no reg with the motor thats what i did,
    And gratz on your first car, I had a gsi aswell to start with however it was converted to the b20b8 engine and i now own a vti-r.
    Last edited by Johnie; 04-08-2012 at 02:49 AM.