Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro

Lost valve cover washer replacement :S

So today I took my valve cover off and when I was in the process of putting it back on I dropped a valve cover washer(the rubber bit) into my engine bay and now I cant find it. Had a look on the splash guard, inside engine bay, around car area and still cant find it!! So I have come the conclusion that the washer has warped through time and space and travelled into a different dimension.

Question: Can I use some Blue RTV liquid gasket (Or any other alternatives) as a temporary replacement so that I can drive to my closest Honda dealership and buy a new washer?

Looks like this:
    Attachment 22596
    >>

throw it around a corner at 60km/h, inertia should dislodge it. just hope it doesnt roll into a curbside drain or soemthing

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    ^ But maybe not so fast cause it will go flying off somewhere.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro
    lmao I backed my car out of the garage into the drive way and a reasonable amount of oil had spat out of the hole which is missing a washer :SSSSS at this point 'not' driving the car is not an option :'(
    >>

make sure you have music off and windows down so you can hear if anything comes loose from engine bay.

if, instead of washer, you have dislodged something else by accident, such as an important bush or engine mount, i claim no responsibility.

thanks, and GL with endeavours

Get a magnet and poke around the engine bay it might pick it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro
    Its the rubber bit of the washer so it wont make any noise if it comes loose
    >>

****en game over

Catch a bus/train/tram to Honda and ordered the part!

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2screama View Post
    Catch a bus/train/tram to Honda and ordered the part!
    If honda japan then catch a place/ship/teleport in a jiffy if you can find one
    RB1-ODC

I like the tram part

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Unlucky there mate, probably using newspaper to blocked the leak until you get the replacement.